On-Board F Service on SQ 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-Board F Service on SQ 1

Could some SQ "regulars" help me out with F service sequence on SQ 1? Seeing that it ops almost entirely at night, I would expect: drinks, supper, "sleep time", and breakfast. Since flying time is 14 hours, I would hope the meal service is not "rushed" like most overnight flights on US carriers. My thanks for any info on this!

Welcome to SQTalk, Chad Smith.

This recent menu posting might give you a good sense about the food that is served at mealtimes on SQ 1:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...3314#post23314

I'll leave it to other SQTalkers to comment on the feel of the F service.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Rushing? It depends on the pax and the crew I must say. The flight departs after midnight.
      I assume you will arrive from Vermont and connect to this flight. make sure you have plenty of time to connect. SFO is unpredictable.
      SKL at SFO is very basic. Some flyers ok with it. Some do not like it. The important thing is there is a place to wait for your flight. (See Lounge thread for more info).

From my rarely onboard SQ1, the service will start with drinks and nuts (if exists). Then the supper will be served. Some pax would be too tired and want the service quicker. But just set your own pace. I know sometimes it works by jokingly said I am going to enjoy this flight and I am eating slowly. The FAs will get the hint, i.e. not rushing you.

Then it's time to sleep. There should be a snack service if it happens you are hungry in the middle of the night.

Breakfast served about 2 hours prior to land in HKG.

I had done BTC for my supper. But I would opt to skip the BTC, and I would have it for my breakfast, because before landing in HKG, I felt hungry (my stomach cried for big meals) and the options from the breakfast menu sometimes too light for my hunger.

Well, anyhow, enjoy your flight. And, welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

I more often fly SQ1 in C than in F, but the supper service always seems dragged out to me.

Comment

Lately, I've been taking SQ 1 in F once or twice a year. It's actually my single favorite flight in the world, for a host of reasons.

Service is hot towel and beverages offered pre-takeoff. Usually, the crew come 'round with a bottle of Dom on a silver tray and offer to open it for anyone who'd like a glass. Principal other options offered are OJ and water. They usually take after-takeoff drink orders and supper orders (or reconfirm your BTC) before pushback. Some pax take the opportunity to say they intend to sleep after takeoff and want their beds made up promptly and would like their meals saved for mid-flight. The crew stay seated for a good while after takeoff. When service starts, it continues at a pretty good pace, and everyone sets their own, as the service is quite personalized. I would not say it's rushed at all, because everyone has plenty of time to sleep en route. The cabin lights get turned off once everyone has finished his or her meal. But if you're just passing out from exhaustion (like me the last time: worked more than a half-day, departed US east coast, long connection in SFO, delayed departure from SFO), the crew will take care of you. When it's time for bed, you can go to the loo and change into your pj's, and the crew will take the opportunity to make up your SkySuite into a bed. Things stay pretty quiet from then on until about 2.5 hours before touchdown. During quiet time, you can ask for and will receive almost anything in terms of snacks, service, whatever. You can request abbreviated breakfast (sleep until 90 mins before touchdown) or the full service. You usually finish breakfast in the initial phases of descent to HKG.

Service in C is more regimented because they have a lower crewax ratio, less chance for personalized attention. The pace set in C might seem dragged out to someone who wants to sleep for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            I had done BTC for my supper. But I would opt to skip the BTC, and I would have it for my breakfast, because before landing in HKG, I felt hungry (my stomach cried for big meals) and the options from the breakfast menu sometimes too light for my hunger.
            CGK, just what BTC have you eaten for this enormous breakfast of yours?
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              CGK, just what BTC have you eaten for this enormous breakfast of yours?
              Enormous? Hmm it was okay. Here what I have tried for the last few years in my limited SQ1 experience:

Book the Cook – San Francisco – First Class

Lobster Thermidor with buttered asparagus, slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice

Veal chop sautéed with wild mushroom, potatoes, bacon and fresh herbs, broccoli, baby carrots, zucchini, and roasted potatoes

Beef Bulgogi with Korean mixed vegetables and steamed rice

Braised quail with chestnut and Chinese sausage served with Chinese greens and noodles

Steamed sole wrapped in ham served with seasonal vegetables and fried rice

Comment

Thank you all for the comments/observations about SQ1! I am also on SQ for SIN/DXB and a few days later DXB/IST. From FlyerTalk, I have learned what to expect/not expect on those trips. Anyone done them recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Smith View Post
                  Thank you all for the comments/observations about SQ1! I am also on SQ for SIN/DXB and a few days later DXB/IST. From FlyerTalk, I have learned what to expect/not expect on those trips. Anyone done them recently?
                  I flew SQ IST-DXB-SIN in C a couple of months ago. What would you like to know?

Comment

Working...
                  X