Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 638 SIN-NRT 2SEP2007

Dear SQ Lurker:

A pax seated at 39H noticed that on SQ 638 SIN-NRT 2 Sep 2007, SQ Boys and Girls on Y duty missed this when doing final checking prior to land. The pax seated on 40E had the tray open with a soda can, a glass and other stuff. The 39H pax told the two girls seated on jumpseats (exit row), but they were not responded well.

Just an observation from a pax.

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Dear SQ Lurker:

A pax seated at 39H noticed that on SQ 638 SIN-NRT 2 Sep 2007, SQ Boys and Girls on Y duty missed this when doing final checking prior to land. The pax seated on 40E had the tray open with a soda can, a glass and other stuff. The 39H pax told the two girls seated on jumpseats (exit row), but they were not responded well.

Just an observation from a pax.

Come On Man, The SQ Boys and Grils Are still Humans, they tend to make mistakes once in a while. Even if they reminded, they can't possssibly come out of the jumpseats as the aircraft might be on finals approach! Give them a break!

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
      Come On Man, The SQ Boys and Grils Are still Humans, they tend to make mistakes once in a while. Even if they reminded, they can't possssibly come out of the jumpseats as the aircraft might be on finals approach! Give them a break!
      Nothing wrong with some constructive feedback and assistance with quality control for the benefit of future pax.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The thing that caught my eye in the picture was what looks like someone's buttocks under the blanket

Comment

Seems like the footrest is not stowed...and the seat belt looks unbuckled ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
            Seems like the footrest is not stowed...and the seat belt looks unbuckled ?
            You can see the seat belt? Oh my gosh, I can't figure it out!
            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

it does seem to be a fairly serious lapse of saftey despite having several crew walk through cabin check for landing

Comment

I'm more shocked that this certain pax was seated in Y

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post

Now you make me sounded like a nagging bitchy old man.

It's a feedback or an observation. Thus, it's a way to learn towards perfection. After all, I love SQ too much! Should I stop flying SQ and giving SQ any feedback?

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                    You shouldn't be shocked!

Comment

I was wondering when someone would point that out...
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        You shouldn't be shocked!
                        He he Perhaps I should have said I was impressed that such an SQ VIP was seated in Y

Comment

He he Perhaps I should have said I was impressed that such an SQ VIP was seated in Y
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

If I were seated in that row, I probably would have told the pax to put the tray table up because it can be a safety issue for me. I've come might close to doing it when the seat in front of me was still reclined while we were on short finals = obstructing my egress in case of an emergency evacuation. Same if someone in a bulkhead row or exit row has articles on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                              If I were seated in that row, I probably would have told the pax to put the tray table up because it can be a safety issue for me.
                              I hope it's the charming MtL who'd speak up, not MtL the attorney! Otherwise, poor (safety-ignorant) pax.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X