X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your C / F tickets?

Hi all,

First post here on this board

Just wondering where does everyone get their (C and F) tickets. Is online at singaporeair.com the best place? I find that unlike Y tickets, the prices remain the same almost all throughout the year.

Thanks,
    Andy

My tickets are purchased via my corporate travel agent, or via my sponsor's corporate travel agent. None of my trips have been on tickets purchased from SIA's website.

Y tickets attract discounts now and then because they're targeted at leisure travellers more than anyone else. You have to give holidaymakers a reason to spend money. F and C tickets, on the other hand, are geared towards business travellers. Companies have deep pockets.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

welcome to SQTalk AndySYD. I usually get all of my F and C tickets online at singaporeair.com or at their local offices. I have never used a travel agent for my travels on Singapore.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, andySYD.

I either get my ticket directly from SQ (whether website or CTO), or go to Trailfinders who're very good at clearing SQ waitlists.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Andy!

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
          Just wondering where does everyone get their (C and F) tickets. Is online at singaporeair.com the best place?
          I've only ever bought SQ C tix online at singaporeair.com when it was the middle of the night/early morning, I'd arrived in SIN the night before and I couldn't sleep so I decided to do a CGK turnaround. I booked online and jumped in a taxi straight to Changi.

For most of my BA C tix, I book online at ba.com or aa.com.

Otherwise, for everything else in C and F (including a CRWSTAR2 last year and a recent fifteen BA/QF/CX/JL/KA J or F flights in ten days' trip that I just finished), I've gone through a travel agent who's a frequent flyer himself (e.g. he's been PPS, CX Diamond etc in the past and sometimes lurks here on SQTalk ) - for his knowledge of the industry and fares; the flexibility of booking through a GDS; and of course someone who won't blink an eye at being asked to book turnarounds, status runs etc. (Yes, I do end up paying more than if I simply book a ticket myself online - assuming I can actually do so without a GDS - but as a professional myself, I recognise that you have to pay for advice and expertise and I'm of the view that - most of the time - you get what you pay for, e.g. if you go through a bargain basement online travel shop, don't expect anything more than a call centre full of people following a script,)

Edit: I've used my work's corporate travel agent on a few occasions when I've needed to travel for work and I find them clueless and IMO a waste of money (but I'm not paying of course), e.g. booking me a fully flexible BA fare which is simply the cost online plus their high commission. (Of course, I recognise that this is only part of their function and another part is enforcement of any corporate travel policies et.)
          Last edited by jhm; 24 August 2007, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Otherwise, for everything else in C and F (including a CRWSTAR2 last year and a recent fifteen BA/QF/CX/JL/KA J or F flights in ten days' trip that I just finished), I've gone through a travel agent who's a frequent flyer himself (e.g. he's been PPS, CX Diamond etc in the past and sometimes lurks here on SQTalk ) - for his knowledge of the industry and fares; the flexibility of booking through a GDS; and of course someone who won't blink an eye at being asked to book turnarounds, status runs etc. (Yes, I do end up paying more than if I simply book a ticket myself online - assuming I can actually do so without a GDS - but as a professional myself, I recognise that you have to pay for advice and expertise and I'm of the view that - most of the time - you get what you pay for, e.g. if you go through a bargain basement online travel shop, don't expect anything more than a call centre full of people following a script,)
            I use the same travel agent as jhm for most of my SQ flights.

Comment

Corp TA because of our corp fares discounts

Comment

For those of us that do not know a travel agent or have special corporate agency help, isn't the SQ website purchase the best way to go?

fclass

Comment

For work we have to go through our corporate travel agent.

For my personal travel these days I normally go to the airlines own website. I find the prices are normally competative but sometimes I will shop around but normally I find I have spent 5 hours to save $5. I havn't used a travel agent for years but most of my flights are very straight forward none of these turnaround, mileage runs, fly SFO to LAX via NRT, SIN, CGK, CMB, FRA,HKG etc which are popular amongst some here.

Comment

Originally posted by fclasspax View Post
                    For those of us that do not know a travel agent or have special corporate agency help, isn't the SQ website purchase the best way to go?
                    For simple itineraries involving a single carrier, it's probably best to book on the airline's website. For interline tickets or complex itineraries, a travel agent might be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      I use the same travel agent as jhm for most of my SQ flights.
                      Actually, your endorsement here was one of the reasons why I initially contacted him (and ended up with a CRWSTAR2).

Comment

I either booked through the client's travel agent or through the website. None of the corporate I worked with have corporate special rates with SQ.

Comment

I issue all my tickets via my travel agent, which I've used for many years. Although the difference in fares may be minor, they do try to give me a good price for F / C fares.

Comment

In need of a travel agent...

I hope no one minds if I hijack this thread...

I'm looking for a capable travel agent. Preferably in Nottingham but that's not a must.
                            I used to have a capable travel agent in Germany but they've steadily gone down hill for the past year...I've bought all tickets since then online or through the airline in case of my *RTW. Since the LX website downgrade I've started booking my intra-Europe LH and LX tix through AMEX PTS. I prefer to pay a little more and get the 750 miles instead of the measly 125 per leg. For GBP10 great service: drop them an e-mail, they call back and it's a done deal. However I've just enquired with them for a trip to LAD and as that is a bit more difficult and involves some actual digging for good fares, I've hit a wall with them.
                            I've also walked into a few TAs and just asked but they just don't seem to be able to offer a service that actually justifies what they want to charge.

So, basically I need a TA who doesn't mind spending some time looking for fares, un-orthodox routings, etc. If they're not in Notts, I would prefer to deal by e-mail with the occasional phone call. Any ideas?
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                              So, basically I need a TA who doesn't mind spending some time looking for fares, un-orthodox routings, etc. If they're not in Notts, I would prefer to deal by e-mail with the occasional phone call. Any ideas?
                              It sounds like you may possibly be looking for one of the TA's who lurk on TOF and/or here on SQT ? (Not me I hasten to add!) If you look around the various forums, you'll find them - perhaps try contacting one ?

Comment

Working...
                              X