Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which would you choose for LHR to SIN: SQ319 or SQ321?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you choose for LHR to SIN: SQ319 or SQ321?

I was looking at getting an award using my UA miles for SQ F from LHR to SIN (the return SIN-LHR would be on SQ320). I have the option to take:

SQ 319 LHRSIN 1830 1415*1

or

SQ 321 LHRSIN 2215 1800*1

I would like to get the opinion here, which flight is the best option to maximize the experience of SQ First? Dinner vs supper? And I am sure UK based flyers will can give opinion about how busy T3 prior to SQ319 and SQ321 for consideration, as well as the lounges experience.

Thank you.

I would definitely go for SQ319. The meal services are the same on both flights but on SQ319 it is served at a more reasonable time.

T3 is a mess no matter what time you fly but in F you should not have a queue at check in and fast track through security which will save you a lot of time compared to normal security but can still take some time.

Remember to use the Virgin Clubhouse it is by far the best lounge in LHR.

Comment

I'd go for SQ319 too - purely because IMHO it's less of a mess at 1600ish than 2100ish from my experience. I'd probably build huge biceps if i had to stand in line that long with my luggage the way it's arranged

Comment

Another vote for SQ319. To the points made by Lobster and SQfg, I would add the consideration that SQ321 tends to have a large number of Oz-based PPS members who will add to the lounge crowd and are also likely to be in the F cabin.

One argument in favor of SQ321 is that you'll have less competition for the spa treatments at the VS CH, as the VS flights will have mostly left by then.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I don't find the arrival time for SQ321 great. With SQ319 at least you have the evening.

Comment

UA MM, I vote for SQ319 for you to maximise your SQ F experience. Just don't eat anything before you board the flight. IIRC, there might have been a related discussion about the relative merits of the flights. In addition, you will find the same question being asked in TOF.

As far as LHR T3 is concerned, the SKL is an oasis of calm BUT first you have to battle through the BAA LHR hellhole to get to SKL. Timing wise with respect to crowds, it does not make any difference.

VS CH is also great but can be busy. It's very much like typical Austin Powers style like design and very hip. On the other hand, LHR SKL personifies S'pore.

Comment

Unlike some of the keep awake all all costs crowd around here , I think the main benefit of SQ F LHR-SIN is the flat bed and a good night's sleep.

Given that, I'd go for SQ321. Take off, feast on the SQ F food and drink and it'll then be the proper bedtime (midnight). Sleep for about 5-6 hours, wake up, watch a movie or read for a few hours, get a snack, eat breakfast and you've arrived in Singapore. Your body clock will still be on UK time so after dinner, drinks etc in the evening, it's time for bed again.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Unlike some of the keep awake all all costs crowd around here , I think the main benefit of SQ F LHR-SIN is the flat bed and a good night's sleep.

Given that, I'd go for SQ321. Take off, feast on the SQ F food and drink and it'll then be the proper bedtime (midnight). Sleep for about 5-6 hours, wake up, watch a movie or read for a few hours, get a snack, eat breakfast and you've arrived in Singapore. Your body clock will still be on UK time so after dinner, drinks etc in the evening, it's time for bed again.
                I have to agree with you I think one of the absolute pleasures of travelling in F is having a totally flat bed with a matress, blanket and proper pillow and really being able to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

You must have a night person's bio-rhythm. I think a lot depends on UA MM's bodyclock and usual mealtimes. Personally, I find it uncomfortable to eat as late as the first mealtime on SQ321 -- not good to have all those carbs being converted to blood sugar so late in the evening, you know?

SQ319 is better for my own bodyclock. Take off, enjoy dinner at my usual hour, and have some time to digest the feast (and in SQ F, it's a feast to me) before going to bed. By the time meal service is over and I've finished a movie or two, it would be just about my bedtime in the UK. When SQ319 lands, it's about 6 or 7 am UK time, so I'd be awake anyway. There is still plenty of daylight to help accustom my body to the new time zone, and I have time to check in, squeeze in a workout (or some serious shopping ) and have a good meal before turning in.

UA MM's susceptibility to jetlag may be far less than mine, of course.
                  Last edited by jjpb3; 11 August 2007, 01:49 AM.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    You must have a night person's bio-rhythm. I think a lot depends on UA MM's bodyclock and usual mealtimes. Personally, I find it uncomfortable to eat as late as the first mealtime on SQ321 -- not good to have all those carbs being converted to blood sugar so late in the evening, you know?

SQ319 is better for my own bodyclock. Take off, enjoy dinner at my usual hour, and have some time to digest the feast (and in SQ F, it's a feast to me) before going to bed. By the time meal service is over and I've finished a movie or two, it would be just about my bedtime in the UK. When SQ319 lands, it's about 6 or 7 am UK time, so I'd be awake anyway. There is still plenty of daylight to help accustom my body to the new time zone, and I have time to check in, squeeze in a workout (or some serious shopping ) and have a good meal before turning in.

UA MM's susceptibility to jetlag may be far less than mine, of course.
                    Thanks for the thorough body conscious explanation. I will follow your advice going for SQ319.

Comment

SQ 317 vs SQ 319

Hope I can get help to this inquiry. I know between SQ319 and SQ321 the main different now would be the fact that caviar will still be served for the dinner on SQ319, but not on SQ321.
                      But, how about SQ317 that leaves at noon compare to SQ319? Both will have caviar. What are the pros and cons?
                      Thank you!

Comment

I have taken all three flights in F before. All have caviars on the first main meal.
                        My order of preferences from most desirable to least desirable are:
                        1) SQ319
                        2) SQ321
                        3) SQ317
                        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

SQ321 has no more full caviar service, as per UA MM's post.
                          Last edited by SQflyergirl; 14 October 2007, 02:28 AM.

Comment

This is the route I fly most often. I choose SQ321 if I don't have to work the next day and SQ319 if I do. Need to also take into account the horrendous evening traffic to Heathrow and the congestion at the airport if flying 321.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              SQ321 has no more full caviar service, as per UA MM's post.
                              I last took SQ321 in June. I recalled having caviar but I believe it is correct that it wasn't the "full" one.
                              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                              X