Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIA passengers to have chilli crab, bak ku teh, laksa and other local delicacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have got display boards up at the SKL advertising this new stuff. First side shows Chilli Crab and Raffles side is Chicken Rice.

Comment

I am really, really, really sorry for raising a buried thread out of the grave, but.......I stumbled upon this article fromt the Straits Time and has an update on the program.

Linky: http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Sto...ry_158731.html

It provides info on how they developed the program, the dishes that didn't make the cut, and new additions.

Hmmm, Rendang, Roti Prata, etc! They have 30 Singaporean dishes now. Come november, hainanese chicken rice will even be served in Oriental earthenware.
      Last edited by sqforever; 27 September 2007, 05:37 AM.
      Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        It does taste very different from the smell. Those at the night markets are the ones that have the killer smell especially the steamed ones.
        Hmm I am not too sure if I got the short end of the stick. I ate it at a busy stall in one of Taipei's night markets, and I think it is the fried version. The skin is rather thick compared to the normal fried bean curds sold here. But the inside is a rather dry, crumbly mess in a light shade of green. I had to force the stuff down, but almost vomitted, coz it was that dry. The smell dosent make things better of course...

Sounds like a major contrast to what some of you have eaten!
        Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
          I am really, really, really sorry for raising a buried thread out of the grave, but.......I stumbled upon this article fromt the Straits Time and has an update on the program.

Linky: http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Sto...ry_158731.html

It provides info on how they developed the program, the dishes that didn't make the cut, and new additions.

Hmmm, Rendang, Roti Prata, etc! They have 30 Singaporean dishes now. Come november, hainanese chicken rice will even be served in Oriental earthenware.
          I will be keen to know which dishes are available in economy. They can skip the earthernware and just use normal plastic cutlery if that helps to bring Hainanese Chicken Rice to economy class!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
            I will be keen to know which dishes are available in economy. They can skip the earthernware and just use normal plastic cutlery if that helps to bring Hainanese Chicken Rice to economy class!

I have had hainanese chicken rice in economy on my flight from Shanghai to SIN 2 yrs ago. The rice and chicken were served in 2 seperate dishes.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
              I have had hainanese chicken rice in economy on my flight from Shanghai to SIN 2 yrs ago. The rice and chicken were served in 2 seperate dishes.
              I am surprised. Was it authentic tasting?

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                I am surprised. Was it authentic tasting?
                it was actually not bad at all. similar to first/raffles class chicken rice but served in casserols.
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                X