SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    The return of 9V-SPM and 9V-SPN suggest that the JumboJets may be with us for longer than we previously believed.
    Long Live the Jumbo Jets
    Though ... Seriously ... they better do something about the interiors . I don't wish to cough up so much more for SQ's premium product only to be met with a sub-standard one

Comment

The return of 9V-SPM and 9V-SPN suggest that the JumboJets may be with us for longer than we previously believed.
      Not really. Just to cover for the 2 that are slated to leave soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Not really. Just to cover for the 2 that are slated to leave soon.
        I, at least, thought that the new WhaleJets soon to be delivered would be replacing the remaining JumboJets on a one-for-one basis.

Comment

I wonder which routes they'll be using them on..

Comment

• I thought SPM had 2 potential buyers: Corsair and CX (for BCF). I guess that has changed.

Comment

• Do the Y cabins in a 744 actually have AVOD? I noticed that they are using relatively old systems especially with the kind of monitor used and the airshow being screened.

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                Do the Y cabins in a 744 actually have AVOD? I noticed that they are using relatively old systems especially with the kind of monitor used and the airshow being screened.
                I believe all B747 are AVOD equipped?

Comment

• on hindsight SQ should have refurbished the cabins of their 8 or 10 744s earlier as they knew that some of these 744s will be used till end 2012 n now perhaps even for a bit longer. CX did a great job on the cabins of the ex-SQ 744s.

Comment

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
                    I believe all B747 are AVOD equipped?
                    Definitely the F and C-cabins are equipped with AVOD. I'm wondering if Y is. In CX, only F and C are AVOD-equipped in older aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                      Definitely the F and C-cabins are equipped with AVOD. I'm wondering if Y is. In CX, only F and C are AVOD-equipped in older aircraft.
                      AVOD in Y for SQ's B744s.
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        I wonder which routes they'll be using them on..
                        In terms of utilisation hours, SQ26/25 and SQ12/11 uses just 5 744s but the timings do not overlap nicely so it's effectively 3 744s per route and 1 spare 744 in SIN. So to run MEL, 1 additional 744 is needed so that gives us 8 744s. Of the 9, 2 are only operating leases expiring fairly soon. However with the increased capacity, SQ can easily squeeze in a 744 on the SQ830/833 runs to PVG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          In terms of utilisation hours, SQ26/25 and SQ12/11 uses just 5 744s but the timings do not overlap nicely so it's effectively 3 744s per route and 1 spare 744 in SIN. So to run MEL, 1 additional 744 is needed so that gives us 8 744s. Of the 9, 2 are only operating leases expiring fairly soon. However with the increased capacity, SQ can easily squeeze in a 744 on the SQ830/833 runs to PVG.
                          Or they bring them back to HKG, more capacity would be great and F savers would be just cool :-)

Comment

• Thinking about booking either LAX-KUL or KUL-FRA (as part of a mini round the world trip) for August 2011. Wish I knew which one was most likely to be swapped to an A380 hmmmm. Any ideas?
                            Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

• Nov 7 (Sun) SQ866/865 744 9V-SPJ was deployed on HKG<=>SIN after 2 years of suspending SQ 744 services into HKG.

http://www.hkspotting.com/forum/view...p=39272#p39272

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...atusResult.jsp

Comment

• Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                                Thinking about booking either LAX-KUL or KUL-FRA (as part of a mini round the world trip) for August 2011. Wish I knew which one was most likely to be swapped to an A380 hmmmm. Any ideas?
                                FRA seems more likely to me, but that's just an educated guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X