SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    And not because they need to get from SIN to FRA of course...
    I'm sure they are travelling to FRA and JFK either as final destinations, or for connecting flights. For SQ326, which is only up to FRA, there are plenty of seats available for the date of my travel. I may even have a chance to have 3 seats to myself on that flight. But I opted for SQ26 for obvious reasons of course, especially since the withdrawal has been accelerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      And not because they need to get from SIN to FRA of course...

However, unsurprisingly...

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
      I'm sure they are travelling to FRA and JFK either as final destinations, or for connecting flights. For SQ326, which is only up to FRA,there are plenty of seats available for the date of my travel. I may even have a chance to have 3 seats to myself on that flight. But I opted for SQ26 for obvious reasons of course, especially since the withdrawal has been accelerated.
      ..straight over the crossbar, again.

Comment

• any know when sw might be getting rid of the 747's from sq227 and 228? i cant believe that we havent been given a a380 yet.

Comment

• I'm not optimistic of the A380 coming to Melbourne coming any time soon, unfortunately. We'll just have to make do with the 77W on 217/218 for the time being I suppose.
          -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

• Originally posted by 2sweetau View Post
            any know when sw might be getting rid of the 747's from sq227 and 228? i cant believe that we havent been given a a380 yet.
            Could be as early as late June or early July, when 9V-SKI is expected to join the fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              Could be as early as late June or early July, when 9V-SKI is expected to join the fleet.
              How far in advance of first flight did they announce Paris? I seem to have 5 months in my head? Would this suggest if June/July was the start of MEL they'd be announcing soon? (hopefully!)

Comment

• I don't think there is necessarily a fixed interval between announcement and the start of WhaleJet service. 9V-SKI should enter service within a month or two of 9V-SKH, so an announcement could come at any time now. I'm not certain that MEL will be next, but it's high on the list of probables.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                  Wow, good to see SPA still doing pax service till her time expires. After more than 14 years of service with SQ, she still is a workhorse in the fleet.
                  My LHR-SIN 27MAR was SPA.

Comment

• Couple more gone.

-SPM SIN-VCV 10/4/09
                    -SPE SIN-VCV 13/4/09

Both in basic colour scheme.

Comment

• Am I right that VCV is the Victorville where they store planes? Will SPM and SPE ever return here or go straight to their new operators when the lease ends?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom/PER View Post
                        Couple more gone.

-SPM SIN-VCV 10/4/09
                        -SPE SIN-VCV 13/4/09

Whilst at Changi today I saw some 747s with the basic colour schemes - didn't notice the reg though
                        zxcvbn

Comment

• Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                          Whilst at Changi today I saw some 747s with the basic colour schemes - didn't notice the reg though
                          SPE will be put back into service.
                          nx to desert SPJ
                          SPA will proba be sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom/PER View Post
                            Couple more gone.

-SPM SIN-VCV 10/4/09
                            -SPE SIN-VCV 13/4/09

Which routes have been affected, do you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                              Which routes have been affected, do you know?
                              Looks like a consequence of SIN-LHR switching to 777-300ER service.

Comment

• Of course- it's obvious!

I guess the next 747s will go once the A380 to Paris frees up a couple of 77Ws...

Comment

Working...
                                X