No First Seats For Vietnam Flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No First Seats For Vietnam Flights?

I understand that all flights to Vietnam can potentially be operated with Boeing 777-200 and Boeing 777-200ER equipment. They include the aircraft configured with 3 classes, ie. 9V-SQ*.

Having said that, it seems we're not able to book First Class tickets. Are the First seats on the SQ* aircraft sold as Business seats then?
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

My past SGN flights have always been operated by B777-200ERs with SpaceBeds.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      My past SGN flights have always been operated by B777-200ERs with SpaceBeds.
      I have the same experience as well. Think another SGN regular will say the same thing

Comment

I wonder why the airline states the equipment used as "B772/B772ER" then. In any case, it's good to know the ER-type aircraft will be used.

I have 25,000 free miles that came with my AMEX PPS card still unused. Given that I may not get the invitation to visit to Bristol, I may use the miles towards an upgrade on my Vietnam trip. It doesn't make economic sense to spend just 7,500 miles out of a total entitlement of 25,000, but leaving the whole lot unused by 30 Sep makes even less sense.

If I do upgrade myself, should I do it on SQ172 or SQ185? Off-hand, I can think of two advantages of flying SQ172 in C: Access to SKL C and BTC option.
        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

SGN is a 2 class market - period. Even if they DID swap a 744 onto the route(hypothetically - just in case someone wasn't reading properly) - it'd still be sold as 2 class CY.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            I have the same experience as well. Think another SGN regular will say the same thing
            Who could that be ?.

SGN is always served with a SpaceBed equipped 772ER. I was on SQ185 last night and that was the same as usual.

Last month I did SGN-SIN-MAN (SQ173/SQ328) and I had the same aircraft for both flights, which was handy as I had 11A all the way and when I boarded SQ328 I found my BP for SQ173 down the inside of the seat cover!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Who could that be ?.

SGN is always served with a SpaceBed equipped 772ER. I was on SQ185 last night and that was the same as usual.

Last month I did SGN-SIN-MAN (SQ173/SQ328) and I had the same aircraft for both flights, which was handy as I had 11A all the way and when I boarded SQ328 I found my BP for SQ173 down the inside of the seat cover!.
              I had a similar experience a few years back with Cathay. I had booked a cheap ticket for TPE via HKG. At HKG, it turned out that I was to go back to my landing gate for the onward trip to TPE. The same aircraft that had served HKG-SIN-HKG turnaround was now bring deployed on HKG-TPE-KIX.

Can someone explain to me why a B772ER is deployed for a regional route like SIN-SGN-SIN? Vietnam doesn't appear like a long-haul destination to me. And at the other end of the spectrum, we have the regional B772s being used on SIN-DXB-SVO. Is it a case of a spare aircraft being used on a regional route to cater for emergencies, like the A345 (Jakarta) and B773ER (Hong Kong)?
              Last edited by The High Flyer; 23 July 2007, 05:29 PM.
              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                Can someone explain to me why a B772ER is deployed for a regional route like SIN-SGN-SIN? Vietnam doesn't appear like a long-haul destination to me. And at the other end of the spectrum, we have the regional B772s being used on SIN-DXB-SVO. Is it a case of a spare aircraft being used on a regional route to cater for emergencies, like the A345 (Jakarta) and B773ER (Hong Kong)?
                It's simply aircraft utilisation. When a 772ER comes in from MAN, AMS, CPH etc early in the morning they may as well have it running short hops than sat around on the tarmac until it goes back to Europe or somewhere else that night.

That recent example of the same aircraft for SGN-SIN-MAN is about the third time that has happened to me on that particular route.

Comment

Working...
                X