Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will SIA order the stretched Superjumbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will SIA order the stretched Superjumbo?

What do you think will SIA order the A380-900 when it gets built? The plane will have incredible CASM and as air traffic is forecasted to triple in the near future and limited slots at many places there will be a big market for a VERY big aircraft with a lot of seats.

I think there will be 10-15 stretched Superjumbo's at SIA's fleet.

Originally posted by Verbal View Post
    What do you think will SIA order the A380-900 when it gets built? The plane will have incredible CASM and as air traffic is forecasted to triple in the near future and limited slots at many places there will be a big market for a VERY big aircraft with a lot of seats.
    When?!?!? You mean IF it gets built, which at the moment looks extremely unlikely. If the WhaleJet starts selling 50+ per year on a consistent basis, then a stretch becomes a possibility, though not necessarily a likelihood.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      When?!?!? You mean IF it gets built, which at the moment looks extremely unlikely. If the WhaleJet starts selling 50+ per year on a consistent basis, then a stretch becomes a possibility, though not necessarily a likelihood.
      Oh, they will build it eventually. They just need some new cash at the moment, but they won't let this amazing airframe go without squeezing anything out of it apart from the -800. I'm sure the freighter will come as well.
      Yes, the plane's amazing. But it's sooooo ugly
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
        Oh, they will build it eventually. They just need some new cash at the moment, but they won't let this amazing airframe go without squeezing anything out of it apart from the -800. I'm sure the freighter will come as well.
        Perhaps on Mars, but not on this planet.

Comment

In the light of today's economics they should have started with the -900 in the first place.

Of course, hindsight is such a luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
            In the light of today's economics they should have started with the -900 in the first place.
            No, in light of today's economics, Airbus should have proceeded with the A305.

Comment

No, in light of today's economics, Airbus should have proceeded with the A305.
              If you mean the A350 XWB, I think you 're dead right there. But I recon the Airbus management staff would have sold there souls for knowing all that in 2000... well, too late! Now they can only hope that Boeing will make some mistakes and lose the advantages of its headstart.
              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                If you mean the A350 XWB, I think you 're dead right there.
                No, of course not. I'm talking about the A305, which was cancelled by Airbus in 2000 the day after the WhaleJet was launched. That was certainly the biggest mistake in the history of Airbus.

Comment

No, of course not. I'm talking about the A305, which was cancelled by Airbus in 2000
                  Source or just your fantasy?

Comment

When?!?!? You mean IF it gets built, which at the moment looks extremely unlikely.
                    There's about 100% chance the MegaJumbo will happen; about the same as 787-10. The economics are just too compelling. If you want to talk about aircraft that are extremely unlikely to be built you should talk about 787-11 or 777-400 for example.

Comment

Mr John Leahy confirms the development of Superjumbo stretch:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...c&refer=europe

Comment

emirates is urging for the 380-900. they will definitely build this plane sooner or later. and leahy even confirmed it.

i think sia will get the stretched one as it looks far more aesthetic. really. i hate the whalejet's form but a bit longer, the 380-900 just looks deadsexy.
                        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Good call, Verbal.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

as found on A.net

Home is where your heart is.

Comment

If 380-900 will be built, SQ will definitely order one, it's just a matter of when the right time to do so. 380-900 seems to be aesthetically more pleasing. 380-800 looks more like a short fat giant, lol..

Comment

Working...
                              X