Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN to Sao Paulo

Hi folks,

There is a high chance that I may need to go to Sao Paulo, Brazil (am staying in SIN).
    My travel agent recommended SIN->JNN (SQ) ->Sao Paulo (South African Airlines).

What do you guys think of this route ? Objective is to get there in the shortest time possible as i will be travelling in Y (ouch !, unless someone hear can recommend a cheap J class option that is only slightly higher than what my travel agent recommended).

cheers
    Acey

How about SIN-JNN via europe? I think that would be faster.
    BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

I'm planning a similar route later this year and looking at star-alliance options, your TA's suggestion of SIN-JNB-GRU is the shortest I'm come across as well. Both in flight time as well as total trip time.

Comment

Having done this route (almost, i start in KUL instead) via a multitude of ways.....

KUL-SYD-EZE-GRU
        KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE-GRU
        KUL-SIN-FRA-GRU
        KUL-SIN-LHR-GRU

It really makes no difference which way you go.

Take a couple of days off before and break it up. I don't care how experienced a flyer claims he or she is, you WILL be messed up at the end of it if you don't break up the journey. Every single colleague of mine who's tried it can't take it going direct now. Having said that - our journey involves a further 90 minutes from GRU to Porto Alegre, and yet another 3 hour drive into Santa Cruz do Sul .

So back in the good old days of LH M&M the ideal route was via a RWSTAR

KUL-SIN-MEL-SYD-SFO-LAX-LAS-DEN-COS (DEN-COS as many as you could do)-DEN-MCO-MIA-GIG-GRU :O

These days with RG being a little shaky - it's not so easy.

Comment

I'm tempted to go SIN-ZRH-GRU. Have you done this route?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            I'm tempted to go SIN-ZRH-GRU. Have you done this route?
            No, but when i lived in Switzerland - i did the ZRH-GRU route quite a few times with the old SR. Of all, i'd probably recommend SIN-ZRH-GRU - that's an easy connection.

Comment

Working...
            X