To Singapore over the Bay of Bengal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Singapore over the Bay of Bengal

Calling all seasoned fliers to Singapore! In mid-March I'll be flying from Europe with Singapore Airlines, so over the Bay of Bengal. Am a terrible flier, so I'm not thrilled with reports of bad turbulence there.

What is the chance that I meet no turbulence, given I'm flying outside the monsoon season?

Hi tinnat,

Little chance of real turbulence over the Bay of Bengal in March, apart from possibly a few bumps, so you should be fine. Just remember to keep your seatbelt fastened just in case (do not overlook clear air turbulence).

But yes, during the monsoon the flights can be pretty "fun".
    Last edited by SQGamespeed; 10 March 2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I've had quite a few "fun" rides in that region, usually around the Andaman Sea just as they start serving breakfast. But nothing traumatic, just very bumpy and they don't last very long. As one never knows when they occur, best to always belt up when seated.

Comment

Most years I fly to Europe in mid-March and I can't remember too much really happening. Over Bay of Bengal is usually a time for serving food in either direction and I can say I've never ended up with foor or drink on my clothes ever, if that helps.

Comment

You want to try August heading back to Europe...a heavy fuelled aircraft and heavy skies Fun but it doesnt last too long...I too have never had food or drink over me.

Comment

Working...
          X