Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why cant I book?

Dear All,

Trying to book on website OSL-AKL for July. Lots of availability on a mutlitude of dates that would suit. I can go through all of the process of booking until the payment stage.

Every time the site processes payment it then says its not possible to book and that I should contact my local office. I did last night and they had a technical problem and suggested using a travel agent! When reservations tried to book they couldnt get the same fare as I was seeing.

I will contact my bank today to see if it is my card.

I tried again this morning and the same thing.
    Any thoughts on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi, I had this same issue when I booked with my visa debit card when I attempted to book $5700 with Air New Zealand. Could go through whole booking process only to be declined and told to call Air New Zealand to book over the phone.

Anyways, it turned out that my visa debit card was blocked through a foreign transaction fraud alert flag because it was so much money. So I called my bank and requested the transaction to be cleared if I tried again.

After a second go, my card worked. Funny part about all this is I have probably completed about 600 transactions on that card with Air New Zealand, some over $2000 and never before has the card been denied.

At least my bank was looking out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
      Hi, I had this same issue when I booked with my visa debit card when I attempted to book $5700 with Air New Zealand. Could go through whole booking process only to be declined and told to call Air New Zealand to book over the phone.

Anyways, it turned out that my visa debit card was blocked through a foreign transaction fraud alert flag because it was so much money. So I called my bank and requested the transaction to be cleared if I tried again.

After a second go, my card worked. Funny part about all this is I have probably completed about 600 transactions on that card with Air New Zealand, some over $2000 and never before has the card been denied.

At least my bank was looking out for me.
      That may be the case with me - I use my Diners Club card for all flights (thats all its used for) so they have my travel pattern and it has loads of flights on it in the past from Y to F fares. I will contact them today and see what they say.

Frustrating as spent yesterday afternoon and into the evening on website and phone for what is a simple enough transaction.

Thanks for your help though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
        That may be the case with me - I use my Diners Club card for all flights (thats all its used for) so they have my travel pattern and it has loads of flights on it in the past from Y to F fares. I will contact them today and see what they say.

Frustrating as spent yesterday afternoon and into the evening on website and phone for what is a simple enough transaction.

Thanks for your help though.
        I'm seeing lots of merchants in asia having signs out that they do not accept Diners anymore. Can't remember what the reason was, but could it be that?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          I'm seeing lots of merchants in asia having signs out that they do not accept Diners anymore. Can't remember what the reason was, but could it be that?
          Contacted Diners Club and fraud protection in use. All will be resolved in the morning. Hope flights are still there but I do have a degree of flexibility.

Thanks for replies.

Comment

Diners Club ?. Crikey, I thought the last person to accept those was Noah when his Ark was leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Diners Club ?. Crikey, I thought the last person to accept those was Noah when his Ark was leaving.
              Noah and his card paid for my flights this evening so all is good...With the rain around here I have enough spare cash to buy wood to build an Ark.

Comment

I know very few people who use Diners - and those that do, solely for lounge access in some unlikely occassions without paying any fee.

Comment

Working...
                X