Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing musical instrument as carry-on

Hi all,

I'm considering bringing my Roland Ax Synth keytar as carry-on. Weighs about 7 kg; length is about the length of a bass guitar, which is slightly longer than a normal guitar. I plan to use a soft-case bag only, so I'd like to know if it's possible for me to bring the instrument on board without paying any additional fees.
    Thanks!

http://beta.singaporeair.com/en_UK/t...ggage-outsize/

Comment

Thanks reddevil0728, although I'd like to know if carry-on is possible without purchasing another seat.

Comment

Originally posted by melvynkolay View Post
        Thanks reddevil0728, although I'd like to know if carry-on is possible without purchasing another seat.
        The answer is very clear. No and no.

You can bring a large musical instrument onto the plane but doing so means you must pay for an additional seat in the same class.

However, there is a limited to the how big that musical instrument can be, so regardless of whether you were prepared to pay the extra fare, if the instrument is too large, the answer is no.

This sentence should clarify things especially:
        "A Double Bass is not allowed onboard as it exceeds the height limit set above."

Check the dimensions- if it is greater than 18"w x 50"h then it will not be allowed in the cabin under any circumstances. If it fits within those dimensions it will be allowed IF you purchase an additional seat.

Your instrument cannot be considered cabin baggage. It may meet the weight limit but it is too large to fit in the overhead lockers or safely under your seat. Placing it anywhere else is prohibited for obvious safety reasons.

Comment

Working...
        X