Drastic increase in wait times for call centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drastic increase in wait times for call centre

SQ recently changed the phone number for their KrisFlyer Contact centre from Australia. Since then, wait times have been ridiculous! Previously, I'd have an agent pick up in less than 60 seconds. I've been waiting to be answered for over 10 minutes now!! Why??!!!
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Not sure what's going on in Australia but in Singapore they've lengthened the automated introduction, messages and menus - it takes at least 90 seconds from the "Welcome" to getting put on hold (including entering FF# and PIN).
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

In Singapore, we have had to wait over 45m sometimes...
      Life's A Bitch,
      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
        Not sure what's going on in Australia but in Singapore they've lengthened the automated introduction, messages and menus - it takes at least 90 seconds from the "Welcome" to getting put on hold (including entering FF# and PIN).
        Yeah, I just skip the whole Krisflyer menu and select commercial P/J reservations to get through faster now.

Comment

All boils down to when you make that call. I've waited as long as 5 minutes and as short as 10 seconds before someone spoke with me.

Comment

I just made a couple of calls the last week to the Krisflyer line (Singapore) and then to commercial J bookings and no problem.

One was picked up immediately and the other about 5min or so wait.

Both at about 1pm.

I guess it is luck of the draw. I've waited till I gave up many times before.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
              SQ recently changed the phone number for their KrisFlyer Contact centre from Australia. Since then, wait times have been ridiculous! Previously, I'd have an agent pick up in less than 60 seconds. I've been waiting to be answered for over 10 minutes now!! Why??!!!
              I saw a an email a few weeks ago about some changes to Australia and USA call centres or something ?

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
              I totally agree. The amount of silly messages you have to listen to when calling them now is ridiculous.

I can only think someone has just been promoted to that 'department' and has decided to try and make their mark.

Comment

never deal with Jakarta office? Terrible. The phone will hang up automatically and you have to queue from the beginning if not picked up by about 10 mins.
                I also suspect they have lunch time break.

I always call Singapore and had SIN to deal with Jakarta.

Comment

Working...
                X