SQ15 ICN-SIN 31MAY2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ15 ICN-SIN 31MAY2007

I have taken this flight few times recently. From full in F to only 2 pax today. Something I notice today, I boarded the plane, and the usual service happened.
    Later on, got the slippers, socks, and eyeshade. Then satay was served. Dinner followed. And that's it. I was sleeping aftrewards.
    Woke up, I did not find anything near my seats. The cabin was dark. And I decided not to be a pita. I said to myself, why would I have to ask for it. Yup, no PJs and kits were given.
    I woke up later 30 minutes prior to land.
    Once we were at the gate, I gathered my belongings. And stood by the galley. I said "I was wondering why there were no PJs and kits today." The crew answered as it's a short flight. Then, I told them, I had taken this ICN-SIN SQ15 recently at least 4 times, and I said PJs and kits were always given because it's a night flight and 6 hours time. The crew said, oh, they just assumed there would be no such things on this SQ15 segment. Then the LS and LSS went to the usual closet where those stuff usually stored (accross from the right hand side lav). They came back and said nothing in there.
    Could it be possible the SQ ICN decided notto load anything because only 2 pax at the end?
    Well, if I am a real pita, I will make a big deal of this. Indeed, I was hoping to get the pjs and kits to be given to someone I knew soon who requested. Now I could not have them. Yeah, my next flights would be SQ11/12 which still has the old PJs.
    Come on, SQ! Is this because of 2 pax only? Or because May 31 thus an inventory control time? What would happen if a first time SQ flyer in that flight? Must be very disappointed...
    Sincerely,
    Your disappointed pax

Note: Perhaps I have been flying too mych. Thus, all the details were observed...

Not really a great way to fly after all. Such kits should be standard on a night flight since SQ15 leaves ICN at 1945. Whether it is 2 or 8 passengers on board, they should at least give. Not really worth it after all. I think other airlines can do a better job than this.

Comment

I do like this flight. SO it's worth it being on 77W. I made this post to let SQ knows there there was a problem in my flight, i.e. PJs and kits were not catered. Hope SQ would fix this today... and yeah next week I will take the same flight again. Will report back.

Comment

I was flying with SWISS on First Class from BKK-SIN-BKK. The Crew gave all the stuffs for First Class passenger. eg.Bally bag, Aminity kits, Slipper, etc..only two hours. I didn't need all those stuffs but they gave you anyway, only one passenger from 8 on A340....

Comment

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
          I was flying with SWISS on First Class from BKK-SIN-BKK. The Crew gave all the stuffs for First Class passenger. eg.Bally bag, Aminity kits, Slipper, etc..only two hours. I didn't need all those stuffs but they gave you anyway, only one passenger from 8 on A340....
          Flew SIN-BKK in LX F. At the time I thought I had excellent service (first time in LX F et al) - but I did not get all the extra stuff like amenity kits, slippers etc? Didn't even know they handed them out on the SIN-BKK segment.

Not that I really need them but would've been nice.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

your friend who requested for the stuff would be disappointed if you couldn't get them for him (he may be dreaming of it every day like I was when I was waiting for mine!)

So I think you should be a bit of a PITA and let SQ know, I think they will be really apologetic and offer you a set immediately or even mail it to an address of your choice ?
            Last edited by upright man; 2 June 2007, 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
              Really ??

I must try Swiss it out soon

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Flew SIN-BKK in LX F. At the time I thought I had excellent service (first time in LX F et al) - but I did not get all the extra stuff like amenity kits, slippers etc? Didn't even know they handed them out on the SIN-BKK segment.

Not that I really need them but would've been nice.
                Yes they did gave me. I remember that they put it in the seat pocket from BKK-SIN and from SIN-BKK they handed to me. I got two types of the Bally amenity kits and two slippers..Will try to post the pic later then..By the way, on the way back from SIN-BKK my first class luggage had to travelling to ZRH for two days because they put my luggage in ZRH cargo.....

Comment

Thanks and

Thanks for the update!

I am flying the same flight from ICN to SIN on August, and am actually looking forward to the new PJ and amenity kits.

I will request them, if I don't see the F/As passing them out.

For a 77W flight, this kind of cost-cuttings are unnecessary and just un-SQ. I hope the management will correct it.

Carfield

Comment

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                    Thanks for the update!

I am flying the same flight from ICN to SIN on August, and am actually looking forward to the new PJ and amenity kits.

I will request them, if I don't see the F/As passing them out.

For a 77W flight, this kind of cost-cuttings are unnecessary and just un-SQ. I hope the management will correct it.

Carfield
                    If you are lucky, you will get it. If they really don't have it for this sector, then that's a very sad thing to hear. Try asking them, sometimes they have but they don't give them out. I agree with you, they don't need to cut cost since this is a flight on their new F class. To attract more customers, they should give their passengers such stuff even if the flight is not a long flight.

Comment

In my flights recently for ICN-SIN, the crew were searching all the bags in the closet. And nothing found. No kits. No PJs loaded.

Comment

PJs and amenity kits were given out on SQ15 ICN-SIN this week -- maybe your feedback worked!

I had been on the flight from SFO, and already had PJs. I tried to decline the offer of another set, but they insisted that I at least take the amenity kit....

Comment

Originally posted by LZ-HMI View Post
                          PJs and amenity kits were given out on SQ15 ICN-SIN this week -- maybe your feedback worked!
                          Great! I will see what will happen in my flight next week!

Comment

Recently took ICN-SIN on SQ15. The PJs and kits were distributed. The PJs have "S" size this time.

Comment

Also got mine

Just flew SQ 15 from ICN to SIN on July 29th and got my PJ (my first pair of the new style PJ) and the new Ferragamo amenity kit.

But the F/A was also collecting menus at the end of the flight... which I have not seen on my past three 77W flights... however, when I asked that I have kept it, she just smiled and said "of course... you got keep them!"

Carfield

Comment

Working...
                              X