Singapore Supper Flights Rationale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Supper Flights Rationale?

I don't understand at all in F why SQ long haul has such a condensed menu in Suites Class with no caviar for late evening departures. I get that its late and they think people want to sleep. But if you are shelling out a lot of money you should at least be given the option to have the regular food service that is normally given. Obviously, in theory out of SIN you can make up for it by eating a full dinner in TPR but if you are in an outstation you don't have that ability. I don't get why as great of a product as SQ doesn't at least give F passengers that option at the very least and do the expedited service for people who elect to maximize rest.

To be honest, I think the Supper menu is already an overkill - what with the full works - appetiser, soup, salad, main course (heavy ones like steak are offered), dessert, bread cheese etc. I think only pralines are missing from supper. Come on, who eats so much at 2am in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
      To be honest, I think the Supper menu is already an overkill - what with the full works - appetiser, soup, salad, main course (heavy ones like steak are offered), dessert, bread cheese etc. I think only pralines are missing from supper. Come on, who eats so much at 2am in the morning?
      Presume SQ028 (A380 to FRA) is a supper service? Departs 2355.

Comment

Food in SQ's F is truly a binge. I flew SQ61 IAH-DME-SIN in F a year ago, and I swear I got off weighing at least a kilo more than when I got on 23 hours earlier.

Comment

when i went to Greece in 2010 we took off 1 05 am and at around 2 30 ish we had supper i didnt even have breakfast when they offered cause i was too full from supper

Comment

Originally posted by thelongroad View Post
            Presume SQ028 (A380 to FRA) is a supper service? Departs 2355.
            almost all EUR flights are supper. I think they serve supper ex-SIN after 2200hrs. And no sleeper service to EUR since its a 'prime' route

Comment

I suspect that if they did cater flights for a full dinner - there would be more food waste than there currently is. Sure, I get that some people want to maximize their flight with caviar and a full 7-course dinner even if it's 1am, but those number of people are probably drastically outnumbered by the people who just get a glass of water and then sleep for the entire flight.

Comment

Working...
              X