Emergency Landing / SQ425 (9V-SRQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Landing / SQ425 (9V-SRQ)

KUALA LUMPUR - A Singapore Airlines (SIA) aircraft made an emergency landing at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang earlier on Sunday, after encountering a technical problem, Malaysian news agency Bernama reported.

Flight SQ425 was on its way to Singapore from Mumbai, India, the report said on Sunday.

A check on the airlines' flight status page said the flight had landed in Singapore at 8.43pm, about four hours after the scheduled time of arrival.

The Boeing 777-200 aircraft had departed from the Indian city at 8.44am on Sunday and was expected to arrive in Singapore at 4.44pm. It made the emergency landing at KLIA at 4.05pm, a Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) spokesman told Bernama.

"The plane landed safely and all its passengers and crew were also reported to be safe, with no injury sustained," he was quoted as saying.

The cause of the incident was under investigation, he said.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...anding-at-klia

Look like a cargo fire:

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...ng-cargo-fire/

Scary.

Comment

There was no fire, just a faulty sensor or something.

This is a proper source! - http://avherald.com/h?article=488282db&opt=0

Comment

OMG! SQ is unsafe.

Where's the barrage of tweets to that effect?

Where's all the posts about "I swear I'll never fly SQ again?"

All an airline needs to do to get the headline "DISASTER STRIKES (insert airline here)" in the newspapers is divert and you'll have that. Coupled with some sensationalism and you get this:

"SINGAPORE AIRLINES AIRBUS JUMBO JET 777 makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur"

- Flames seen trailing from all 8 engines
        - Passengers screaming, one managed to open emergency exit, retrieved parachute, jumped and landed in Port Klang
        - Captain's first flight on Airbus 777
        - First Officer is 14 years old
        - Airplane rolled off Airbus line in seattle in August 1870
        - 876 passengers and 4 crew aboard superjumbo at time of incident

Comment

It's going to be chopped up in a desert soon

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            OMG! SQ is unsafe.

Where's the barrage of tweets to that effect?

Where's all the posts about "I swear I'll never fly SQ again?"

All an airline needs to do to get the headline "DISASTER STRIKES (insert airline here)" in the newspapers is divert and you'll have that. Coupled with some sensationalism and you get this:

"SINGAPORE AIRLINES AIRBUS JUMBO JET 777 makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur"

- Flames seen trailing from all 8 engines
            - Passengers screaming, one managed to open emergency exit, retrieved parachute, jumped and landed in Port Klang
            - Captain's first flight on Airbus 777
            - First Officer is 14 years old
            - Airplane rolled off Airbus line in seattle in August 1870
            - 876 passengers and 4 crew aboard superjumbo at time of incident
            And in our favourite newspaper today, of all the SIA file photos, they have to use this one.

The mythical Airbus 777 has been sighted!

Comment

That's not an Airbus 777. That's an Airbus 767-500ER

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a Dassault Mercure 123 (Reduced Range)

Comment

believed last year also a similiar cargo fire faulty indicator also forced a SIA plane toland in BKK when it was flying then on the way to a Indian city.

Comment

fairly low load if its 190 pax as stated and using a 772 for the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      believed last year also a similiar cargo fire faulty indicator also forced a SIA plane toland in BKK when it was flying then on the way to a Indian city.
                      There was an incident in 2013 with an actual cargo fire on 9V-STO performing SQ446 from Singapore to Dhaka. Not sure if this is the one you were referring to: Accident: Singapore A333 near Bangkok on Apr 22nd 2013, cargo fire

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        And in our favourite newspaper today, of all the SIA file photos, they have to use this one.

The mythical Airbus 777 has been sighted!
                        That's not even an SQ A380! If my memory serves me well, this was an A380 test aircraft dressed up with SQ decals for the Singapore Air Show 2006.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if you are right. I mean how hard is it to get the a pic of the right SQ aircraft type (ignoring even 772 vs. 773 vs. 77W)? Any SQ 777 pic will do. Aiyoh ...

Comment

Yeah, I read that it was a faulty alarm.

Comment

Its pretty clear from the picture its a non ER model.

Comment

Working...
                              X