X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ to lease B744 from MH

Does anyone heard of this news yet?
    http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3428482/

It appears that it will be leased from MH. I wonder, if it will be retro-fitted with SQ's configuration considering it's only going to be leased for 10months or so. I believe there are 2 MH's B744 that is yet to be retrofitted with their new biz and first class and I think, one these aircraft is probably the one that goes to SQ.

yes it unlike SQ to lease a older 744 from MH for 10 mths - if this is indeed true - as its such a short lease and even retrofitting the interiors to SQ's standards or even changing the interior somewhat will still be a high cost to pay and to do for such a short term - and if its used exclusively for the SIN-NZ route, then will suppose its ok to have some difference between the other SQ's 744s.

Comment

Guess it makes to lease some short-term sense with committments SQ have to the likes of KA and CX waiting on their 744s while the A380s have been delayed. SQ could just refit them with the their 744 F/J (skysuite and spacebed) seats since SQ probably had to rip them out of 9V-SMJ, SMM, MP, MR, PC, PD prior to these aircraft being transferred.

As an AKL-based individual it's great to see SQ will keep the 744 on the route for the time being!

Out of curiosity what happens to AKL once the lease ends on the 744? Put a 77W on the route perhaps?
      Last edited by RJA; 28 May 2007, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I dreamt that it will be the new config version of the aircraft.

Comment

This would make sense due to SQ's chronic capacity shortage at the moment. MH scaling back their 744 fleet, SQ in need of more.

I heard they were actually looking for 2 x 744's on a temporary lease.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 May 2007, 12:01 AM. Reason: schpelling..

Comment

Yes SQ is in fact leasing two B744 ex-MAS, one is ex-9M-MPE and the other will be ex-9M-MPC. Both airplanes have the recently configured MH new F & J class cabins. MPE has been in Subang for a while and is already painted all-white and readied for dleivery to SQ, while MPC will come to Subang soon for preparations for redelivery.
            FYI, both MPC & MPE are being sold by MAS to an international leasing company who will then lease them to SQ.

Comment

I wonder if the IFE programs will be the same as the rest of SQ's 744 fleet.

Comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong, in regards to IFE, I think both SQ and MH are using the Panasonic Avionics 3000i. If it's true, probably they can just change the software and it will be the same as the rest of SQ fleet.
                Last edited by singaporu_kooku; 29 May 2007, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Yes SQ is in fact leasing two B744 ex-MAS, one is ex-9M-MPE and the other will be ex-9M-MPC. Both airplanes have the recently configured MH new F & J class cabins. MPE has been in Subang for a while and is already painted all-white and readied for dleivery to SQ, while MPC will come to Subang soon for preparations for redelivery.
                  FYI, both MPC & MPE are being sold by MAS to an international leasing company who will then lease them to SQ.
                  Thanks for the update, flyguy! It always helps when we have some insider within our ranks who is able to provide some market intelligence! Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to contribute too.
                  My Cafe Adventures
                  Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                  http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Heard from LSS in my flight today that she goes to the course for this 744-M.

Comment

Getting old Dumbojets will not do SQ's image any good.

Comment

Does anyone know when SQ will start using these planes to AKL? I intend to fly down there on F 7th June. Am open to try the new MH seats.

Comment

Yikes! Maybe SQ should paint the a/c in Silkair colours...

Comment

the "new" ex-MH 744 will not be on the NZ run this 7th june - a couple of weeks later. However do note that these 2 ex-MH 744s are newer than most of SQ 744s, and having only been refurbished and with MH new F, J and EY seats; its much better than current SQ 744s - plus the EY is esp good as the seat pitch is 34" instead of SQ's 32".

Comment

What about B777s?

Comment

Working...
                              X