Now Tattinger in J!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Tattinger in J!

Only Taittinger on SIN-KIX last night. Nice champagne. No more mention of Bolli and the Sauternes on the menu. Was looking forward trying out the Sauternes, but no dice and the crew member was hopelessly clueless when I asked for it. She didn't even know what it was.

I made do with a bottle of very nice German Riesling instead.
    Last edited by demue; 19 October 2014, 10:07 PM.

Taittinger only to/from LHR, SIN and CPT in the last three weeks. I really like it, much better than Bollinger.

Comment

Now Tattinger in J!

Initially missed this in last weeks PPS News:

Business Class customers travelling on Singapore Airlines will be welcomed with Taittinger Prelude “Grands Crus” Champagne . This refined cuvee is made with the first pressings of an equal portion of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes from only 100% Grand Cru vineyards.

The wine is subtle and fresh on the nose as the initial mineral aromas give way to green, then floral notes with the fragrance of elderflowers and spicy cinnamon undertones. The entry onto the palate is clean and lively, dominated by exceedingly fresh citrus notes. These segue into much fuller, rounder and silkier flavours where white peaches in syrup predominate. The finish is rich, lingering and bursting with flavour. The Prelude “Grands Crus” is a joyous blend of finesse and complexity, with an outstanding balance of freshness and aromatic expression.

Singapore Airlines is pleased to offer the prestigious Champagne Taittinger Prelude “Grands Crus” for our Business Class customers.

Comment

Definitely a very good Business Class champagne for my taste. Not quite what BR serves (DP ), but a great turnaround from the mediocre stuff served before the Bollinger.

Btw, as mentioned that German Riesling was very good and it is on the Biz class menu - of which I forgot to take a picture after drinking a bottle and waking up only 3 hrs later on the shortish KIX flight .

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
          Definitely a very good Business Class champagne for my taste. Not quite what BR serves (DP ), but a great turnaround from the mediocre stuff served before the Bollinger.
          I find it ironic that QR now serves that Henroit in their F as the rose champagne on offer

I don't think it was that bad though, just certainly not on the level of the usual Charles Heidseick or Bollinger that people expected from SQ.

Anyway the new Taittinger is fantastic, although I wish the crew chilled the bottle a bit more than they generally do.

Comment

Ahh yes Henriot was the one. Not sure about the Rose version, but,the regular cuvee SQ had back then was really not great. It wasn't horrible, but personally I think I have had tastier sparkling wines then that champagne.

Well I hope the Taittinger Prelude lasts a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mitwg View Post
              I find it ironic that QR now serves that Henroit in their F as the rose champagne on offer
              QR have apparently got Krug on free pour in their new lounge at DOH. Fair play to them if that is more than just an 'introductory offer'. A dangerous game to play with all those alcoholic BA Gold card holders as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                Taittinger only to/from LHR, SIN and CPT in the last three weeks. I really like it, much better than Bollinger.
                In my book, I won't say Taittinger Prelude is much better than Bollinger. They belong to big champagne houses & Taittinger is more heavily promoted. Personally, I have a slight preference for Bollinger over Taittinger Prelude. I have tasted better Taittinger like 2004 or Comtes de Champagne, just to name a few.
                Last edited by SQFM; 23 October 2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  QR have apparently got Krug on free pour in their new lounge at DOH. Fair play to them if that is more than just an 'introductory offer'. A dangerous game to play with all those alcoholic BA Gold card holders as well.
                  They had that in the J premium terminal lounge at the old Doha airport too so I'm not too surprised that they have it at the Al Mourjan lounge.

The last time I've been to the new DOH lounge however, Krug wasn't being 'displayed' and it appeared only Lanson (albeit the 'vintage' Gold label), Billecart-Salmon and Henriot (!) was available. For Krug, you had to ask the staff to serve you.

On the A380 flights, Krug is available to all passengers that can access the inflight bar (so J pax too) with the reasoning that F pax shouldn't have to 'downgrade' their drinks experience while drinking at the inflight bar. I got another flight in their A380 soon so I'm keen to find out what our premium drinks they serve at the inflight bar

Comment

Bit OT, but just for comparison. TG Biz now serves Palmer Brut which would not land on my list of favorites. It is okay (just about) in my book and I have only had it once before when a friend of mine got a bunch for a party and didn't want to spend big bucks. Think it was like 21 € a bottle though price does not have to indicate good or bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X