Upcoming Trip To Bristol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    BTW, getting from LCY to Paddington isn't a "nightmare" as such - it just involves queueing for a black cab and the journey across London (up to an hour I'd say).
    I was referring to the DLR-Tube-Tube way of getting there, which with luggage is a nightmare. If you recall I did it with hand luggage only after the new products launch.

Of course there is the taxi option and it may not be a nighmare to you overpaid smog-dwellers who live in that madhouse , but to us mere mortals who live in the provinces or any of the other resonably priced cities on the planet, the thought of having to pay about £60-70 GBP each way just to get from one side of the the city to the other can justifiably be called a 'nightmare'.

You can fly MAN-BRS return for that, and the OP wouldn't need another 2 hour train journey on top of it.

Comment

Very interesting inputs! Now that jjpb3 has brought up the ultimate alternative, I wonder why I didn't think of that earlier!!!

AN OPEN-JAW TICKET!

It seems there's no price differential between open-jaw and roundtrip tickets in C (unlike in Y), so I guess it's all systems go. I'm tempted to try a variant of the proposed itenary:

SIN-CDG (SQ C)
      CDG-BRS (AF Y)
      LHR-SIN (SQ C)

The above itenary would cost something like S$100 less than a roundtrip SIN-LHR-SIN ticket in SQ C. Two reasons for picking CDG over ZRH: 1. No hassle over air-to-train transfer and going across London 2. I want to go through the CDG experience (The daredevil in me! )
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
        I want to go through the CDG experience (The daredevil in me! )
        You never know if you don't go - you might even find the adventure strangely thrilling...
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I want to go through the CDG experience (The daredevil in me! )
          You have to do it at least once - it makes you appreciate every other airport more

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            You never know if you don't go - you might even find the adventure strangely thrilling...
            Will I get kidnapped and be brought to some never-never land or something? But no, I don't want what CGK went through in CMB!
            Last edited by The High Flyer; 23 May 2007, 02:42 PM.
            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Will I get kidnapped and be brought to some never-never land or something? But no, I don't want what CGK went through in CMB!

Travel insurance - I hear it's good...
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

After an excruciating, nail-biting month-long wait, with no news forthcoming, I called up the vendor, politely asking if this Bristol trip would go ahead. The excuse I gave was that I had an upcoming speaking engagement which might clash with the proposed trip.

No, sorry, we haven't had the chance to plan this yet, they informed me. The trip for the media will go ahead, but we haven't figured out if we will invite you guys. In any case, the trip will now be in August.

OK, so till now, I still do not know if Bristol will materialise. Sigh. I haven't gotten onto an aircraft since March, and my bums are itching!
                My Cafe Adventures

Comment

When the time comes, a DO should be great!

Comment

Working...
                  X