LAX-KUL; SQ A345 in J or MH 744 in F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX-KUL; SQ A345 in J or MH 744 in F?

Looking at fares from LAX-KUL, it seems that flying the SQ non-stop to SIN in J and then connecting to KUL is not less expensive than flying MH directly to KUL in F.

I know this is a partisan board , but would anyone recommend choosing the MH flight? My only SQ experience is flying the 77W in J and I have no MH experience. Mileage accumulation (EQM or RDM) is not a priority.

Thanks.

SQflyergirl would be good to consult on this. Based on her recommendation, I would have gladly forsaken the miles to fly MH J to SYD instead of the direct SQ flight. But a change in plans made me swing towards SQ.

SQfg, what say you?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I'd go with the MH flight any day. NSD (new service delivery) F is fantastic, arguably equal to longhaul SQ F - and far ahead of SQ J.

Comment

I would naturally suggest the Singapore Airlines flight though

Comment

Of course the SQ A345 in J. I don't really fancy MH. MH F seats may be in old configuration and SQ's J seats maybe more comfy than that of MH F seats to LAX. I will try to fly with SQ rather than MH. The planes are newer too.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
            Of course the SQ A345 in J. I don't really fancy MH. MH F seats may be in old configuration and SQ's J seats maybe more comfy than that of MH F seats to LAX. I will try to fly with SQ rather than MH. The planes are newer too.
            The NSD rollout is almost complete - you will very not likely get an old config 744 on this route.

As for new SQ J being more comfortable than NSD F.... I think this may say it all...........

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/getd...rst-Class.aspx

IMHO, NSD MH F will ROYALLY and TRULY trounce SQ J. - not when you've got a fully flat and horizontal seat, caviar, pyjamas, amenity kit, F lounge access, trolley service. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
            Last edited by SQflyergirl; 15 May 2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X