Cheapest SQ Airfares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest SQ Airfares

When researching airfares on SQ for flights ADL/SIN/LAX/SIN/ADL in Y I was surprised to find that the fare including taxes on the SQ website worked out a lot cheaper than booking through an agent. Through the website I even got to select the SQ37/38 A345 flight instead of the NRT or TPE flights for the same price.

From anyones experience of booking through the SQ website, does this seem right as I always thought the SQ37/38 attracted a surcharge?

Also does anyone know if on checking in at ADL I would be issued with boarding passes right through to LAX on this basis or as I would need to overnight, would I have to check in again in SIN.

hi soak01,

From my experience, i get cheaper price for ADL-SIN-ADL when getting a quote from SQ website rather than a travel agent, even STA quoted a higher fare.

I am not sure about the surcharge for SQ37/38 (never been on it) and boarding pass issue.

Comment

The other day, in my (limited) ADL experience, I only got my BP ADL-SIN. Could not get the SIN-MNL connecting BP there, had to get it in SIN.

Comment

I don’t think that any of SQ flights are now cheap. The rise of gas prices also means the rise of tickets. I just checked my local travel agency that a flight from sfo-ho chi minh will cost me about $2000 per person AND that’s if there are available seats. I quess I will be flying traitor air again

Comment

From my experience, SQ these days are getting more expensive and it's very hard to find a seat. Had to fly KUL few mths ago and SQ was fully booked, despite 3 flights a day from MEL. Had to fly MH, instead.. and despite their claim to have the best F/A, their inflight services was so mediocre.

Try to go to flight centre, you can ask them to beat the SQ's website prices. I did that before with MH and managed to get return ticket to KUL for AUD950 incl. taxes at shoulder season.

I haven't gone through ADL airport, but from my experiences with other SQ stations in Australia like BNE, SYD, MEL, and PER, usually they can issue the boarding pass right through the final destination, except when they have some issues with their computer systems.

Comment

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
            When researching airfares on SQ for flights ADL/SIN/LAX/SIN/ADL in Y I was surprised to find that the fare including taxes on the SQ website worked out a lot cheaper than booking through an agent. Through the website I even got to select the SQ37/38 A345 flight instead of the NRT or TPE flights for the same price.

From anyones experience of booking through the SQ website, does this seem right as I always thought the SQ37/38 attracted a surcharge?
            No surcharge for SQ37/38, just you pay a fully flexi airfare (the most expensive), nothing else. If there was only one type of fare available, that means its the most expensive fare.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
              No surcharge for SQ37/38, just you pay a fully flexi airfare (the most expensive), nothing else. If there was only one type of fare available, that means its the most expensive fare.
              What soak01 meant is that way back, when the direct flights were introduced, the airline announced that these flights would cost a premium over the existing non-direct ones. Indeed, when you look at cheap airfares quoted by travel agents, you find that they don't apply to the direct flights. This is the observation in layman-speak.

On our side, the above manifests itself as the fact that Flexi Saver fares are not available for such flights. I hope I'm talking sense.
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
              X