SQ Mobile App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Mobile App

Any of you good people who regularly use SQ Mobile App may have noticed 'Krisflyer Redemption YES / NO' tab on 'Book Flight' page has disappeared on V8 and above - latest version is V8.3.

SQ IT have been alerted and hopefully problem will be rectified ASAP - there have been more than enough probs with Web Site we don't want similar circus with Mobile App!

SQ should look at how BA builds their iOS App - which is definitely more responsive, I find. Also allows BP Passbook functionality.

Comment

I have been using version 8 and I don't seem to have any problem doing any redemption booking on SQ Mobile App.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        I have been using version 8 and I don't seem to have any problem doing any redemption booking on SQ Mobile App.
        Hmmm - maybe hit and miss - I know plenty others having same problem.

Latest V8.3 definitely has probs - I called SQ call centre earlier this week and they tested in house - V8.3 definitely faulty but versions pre 8 worked fine for them - they currently have their IT people working on it.

Yesterday I was playing around with the app and found the 'Krisflyer Redemption?' tab still missing on 'Book Flight' page if you are logged into V8.3

BUT

Before logging in tap 'Book Flight' and it will open page showing 'Krisflyer Redemption? YES NO' - tap YES - a box opens telling you 'Redemption booking requires login'. - so choose 'Proceed' - login page appears - login - then you automatically go to 'Book Flight' page and 'Krisflyer Redemption?' tab is now there - go figure.

Comment

Just tried out the functionalities in the latest version of the SQ Mobile app.

Overall it looks better. One thoughtful bit is the ability to take a photo and it actually suggests that you take a pic of your passport, luggage (in case you lose them) and also where you parked your car. It also has a Agoda connection to allow one to book hotels. And it allow one to add an itinerary to one's Calendar. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly, there are some issues:

1) It doesn't allow me to make changes to my redemption booking (forcing me to go back to the SQ webpage).

2) It displays trips from over a year ago (why?)

3) Unlike many other general flight apps, it doesn't warn me if a flight I'm on is late.

4) The Agoda button gets me Agoda's home webpage - since I'm clicking on it via my itinerary, why can't the app transfer my destination to Agoda together with my travel dates to make it seamless?! The webpage is impossible to read on an iPhone and the while looking at it from an iPad is a tad better, SQ needs to produce a tablet version to be really useful.

5) The ability to send an itinerary to an email address doesn't work.

Comment

For a national carrier with such a good brand, their website and app have too many bugs

Comment

Big discrepancy!

SQ Website:

SQ APP:

I called KF and was told what I see on the site is accurate. But wow, that's a huge difference in terms of seating!

Comment

Ok pics didn't turn up. Sorry, what I meant to describe was:

There's a big discrepancy in the seating map between the website vs the app.

For example it shows row 53 and 54 on my flight to Brisbane at the website as empty whilst on the app it's full. I called up the hotline and was told what I saw on the shld be accurate.

At the last 5 rows of the aircraft, instead of 4 seater it becomes 3. The app showed the 3 seater formation as XX-XX----XX with a space in the middle?!

Comment

Working...
                X