X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drkinder View Post
    Hello
    Just joined SQ talk
    Any news for SIngapore Melbourne SQ 237 aircraft type for January 2017 on wards?
    Currently using 77W in 2006 F and J, maybe 2013 Y??? 773 three days a week between Sept and and Oct I think.

Frustrating. Early this year KF began dunning me with emails saying come back to SQ, we have new J product on most flights ex-MEL. I fell for it, gave up hopping up to SYD for JL or NH to HND. Lo and behold, the refit programs for J fell behind and only ex-MEL service fairly reliably using new J is 228/227. Same reason I abandoned SQ in 2010: they promoted 2006 J product in MEL market but most flights were still getting the old space seat. I don't care for misleading marketing strategies in which the airline is protected by "subject to equipment change" clauses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikana View Post
      "subject to equipment change"
      Hahaha, that's the story of MEL and SQ all over! We ended up being the dumping ground for the 744s in their less than gracious decline into retirement... Nostalgic for many I know, but a very poor quality product in their twilight years (especially if the row number was more than 1 digit ).

Comment

• not as bad BNE right ... which I used to fly

Comment

• MEL got an adhoc 77WR once on 217/218 (SWM) back in February. They could upguage one of the MEL flights from a 772 to a 77WR (207/208) if that attracts PEY demand, or even 237/238 though that never seems to be the case.

They could always keep one A380 and have one of the other flights be 77WR.

Anyway my guess is that SWA and SWB are undergoing 77WR conversion (and new Wifi installation) maybe because of the eventual JNB route going 77WR. Happy to hear SWB is returning to service soon (Hopefully by sometime this month).

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
            It has SITA OnAir Wifi (not Panasonic unfortunately) and has the Voyager 3D Maps.
            Never asked about Panasonic on the refitted Sierra Whiskey birds (I meant the volume based Wifi). But thank you. Had two family friends who flew SWL (One flew SQ15 in July with it, and the other just recently returned on SQ16 last Sunday). Many of you have been complaining about a couple of issues on the IFE....Wonder how my friends handled it.

So I guess every 77WR (Sierra Whiskey refitted birds have volume based OnAir and Sierra November planes have Panasonic).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              MEL got an adhoc 77WR once on 217/218 (SWM) back in February. They could upguage one of the MEL flights from a 772 to a 77WR (207/208) if that attracts PEY demand, or even 237/238 though that never seems to be the case.

They could always keep one A380 and have one of the other flights be 77WR.

Anyway my guess is that SWA and SWB are undergoing 77WR conversion (and new Wifi installation) maybe because of the eventual JNB route going 77WR. Happy to hear SWB is returning to service soon (Hopefully by sometime this month).
              I do hope SQ would use retrofit 777er for All 777 flights to Melbourne excluding one that uses A380
              Yesterday Sq237 used 9vSNA. Furthermore equipmemt schedule is up to October 2016 so perhaps Melbounre flights will BE treated BETTER!!

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                not as bad BNE right ... which I used to fly
                BNE never change AC.

Comment

I do hope SQ would use retrofit 777er for All 777 flights to Melbourne excluding one that uses A380
                  Yesterday Sq237 used 9vSNA. Furthermore equipmemt schedule is up to October 2016 so perhaps Melbounre flights will BE treated BETTER!!
                  I'm surprised SNA was used for 237/38. Usually on 228/28 along with the other refits that don't have PEY. I don't mind the 2006 J hard product but I do mind it when it is worn out and grubby as it is these days, and when I bought tickets based on direct marketing from the airline and checked during booking that the equipment would be refitted, only to find, not, and no refit AC used on that service because SQ has changed its refit schedule. Ah well, one more to go on 228/27 which was refitted product last month, then I'm back to QF to SYD, and on to NH and it's very very good new J product which is always what one gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikana View Post
                    I'm surprised SNA was used for 237/38. Usually on 228/28 along with the other refits that don't have PEY. I don't mind the 2006 J hard product but I do mind it when it is worn out and grubby as it is these days, and when I bought tickets based on direct marketing from the airline and checked during booking that the equipment would be refitted, only to find, not, and no refit AC used on that service because SQ has changed its refit schedule. Ah well, one more to go on 228/27 which was refitted product last month, then I'm back to QF to SYD, and on to NH and it's very very good new J product which is always what one gets.
                    Not unusual. SQ217/218 do get served by SWU-SNA now and then. SNA is back to MEL this morning as 227/228. While 237 today is back to the normal 77W

Comment

• Based on current information, SQ217/8 will go permanent A380 as from 30OCT, picking up one of the ones coming off LAX. SQ227/8 will remain 77WN (presumably) and SQ 237/8 will stick with 77W. SQ207/8 will also be remaining with the 772ER until further notice. I have bookings across all the flights Nov through to Jan and at this point they are showing those craft as specified.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        BNE never change AC.
                        Yes it is consistently sad ... Well constant poor is better than sometime good sometime no good. At least the expectations are always met !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                          Yes it is consistently sad ... Well constant poor is better than sometime good sometime no good. At least the expectations are always met !!!
                          Why whats wrong? I don't find it an issue. Think yourself lucky 772's are not used.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            Why whats wrong? I don't find it an issue. Think yourself lucky 772's are not used.
                            BNE you typically only have one choice a330 and maybe sometimes 772 SQ/SR refitted series. For SYD send MEL you get options for 380s and 77W while some of it maybe be older products but in J when you are paying the same price and similar traveling times BNE has poorer value. (Not only for SQ, QF also deploys the older products for BNE-SIN)
                            Last edited by alian; 7 August 2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• I have flown on F 777W F due to overbook on J from Haneda to Sin ( Yes lucky ME!!)
                              So good to say The least. The J on 777W is still good comparing to other big airlines (Few ther to Barcelona recently)and we should be thankful to have flown on J (or F!!) regardless 77W or 77WN or 77WR. I will have The chance to Fly on SQ new J to Amsterdam soon on A350!!
                              Now since SQ uses non 77W to BNE thats does not feel quite right as The price and flight duration is similar. Maybe Qatar or Emirates should be allowed fifth freedom flight from SIN or KUL or JKT or BKK to Brisbane.
                              So now thinking hard on options to BNE ...or perhaps change of plan altogether for June 2017
                              Does GA Fly to BNE?

Comment

Now since SQ uses non 77W to BNE thats does not feel quite right as The price and flight duration is similar. Maybe Qatar or Emirates should be allowed fifth freedom flight from SIN or KUL or JKT or BKK to Brisbane.
                                So now thinking hard on options to BNE ...or perhaps change of plan altogether for June 2017
                                Does GA Fly to BNE?
                                BNE is just one those unlucky spots as I would believe the yield is not as good as SYD / MEL so even QF does not prioritize on them but hopeful with the refit of their a330 on QF51 but this is not firm.

For EK they code share with QF so same luck as QF. For me it wouldn't sound practical to lay over in KUL or JKT but I have to say the new MH J class is tempting and GA does seem to be good too

For SQ BNE does usually get the first on new regional products like the a330 so let's keep our fingers crossed for the regional a350s and perhaps the 787-10 which hopefully will come in soon

Comment

Working...
                                X