Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Well now you don't need to feel alone! I booked two flights that were supposed to be 77WN- SQ227 tonight and SQ228 in June. Tonight a late gate change dumps me back onto SWD that I flew in from FRA and in June my flight was changed to A380 a while back.

How often does one need to fly SQ to experience a "new" product that's called 2013?
    Just noted that yesterday's SQ285 (30th April) was operated by 77WN SWY, currently about 15 mins from landing in AKL...

Maybe a late a/c swap between 227 and 285 resulted in 227 getting SWD instead...?

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
      Just noted that yesterday's SQ285 (30th April) was operated by 77WN SWY, currently about 15 mins from landing in AKL...

Maybe a late a/c swap between 227 and 285 resulted in 227 getting SWD instead...?
      Yes, that would have been it. AKL was leaving out of B4 which had at first been showing as the gate for MEL, which was subsequently changed to B5 and then when I went to B5 it was empty and dark and saw it had again been changed to B10 which was my arrival gate from FRA.

Comment

Yes, that would have been it. AKL was leaving out of B4 which had at first been showing as the gate for MEL, which was subsequently changed to B5 and then when I went to B5 it was empty and dark and saw it had again been changed to B10 which was my arrival gate from FRA.
        I wonder why they do these kind of swapping ....

Check of recent flight radar data also shows pretty dismal unpredictability in deployment of 77WN to MEL. Still consider myself lucky to get 9V-SWU last Friday.

Comment

• Was on 9V-SWZ from MXP - SIN - MNL on 30/4/15 to 1/5/15.

😍

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
          MEL goes x3 daily 77W, whilst SQ826/827 and SQ910/917 goes 77W. Unsure what variant yet for each flight. All subject to change, I think its very likely Y+ would be available on one of the MEL flights.

Comment

• Flying SQ638 this Fri. Hope I get the new 77WN!

Comment

• Accordingly to flightradar website, we can see that the 6 no. of 77WN (SWU, SWV, SWW, SWY, SWZ and SNA) are spread out across SIA routes and no longer exclusive to LHR and NRT.

LHR SQ318/9 and SQ306/5: It is interesting to know that regular 77W (SWA to SWT) are now being deployed to fill the gaps. With reference to the News Release back in May 2014 (https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...s/ne140509.jsp), does anybody have any idea which are the 77W completed with their "upgrade"?

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                LHR SQ318/9 and SQ306/5: It is interesting to know that regular 77W (SWA to SWT) are now being deployed to fill the gaps. With reference to the News Release back in May 2014 (https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...s/ne140509.jsp), does anybody have any idea which are the 77W completed with their "upgrade"?
                The only one I know of with a completed refit is SWJ which has only gone back into service in the last week.

Comment

The only one I know of with a completed refit is SWJ which has only gone back into service in the last week.
                  Thanks, good to know. If not wrong the time taken to refit a aircraft takes about a month. If SIA start the refitting program in Jan or Feb, we should be seeing at least 3 no. 77W with the 2013 cabin products.

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                    Thanks, good to know. If not wrong the time taken to refit a aircraft takes about a month. If SIA start the refitting program in Jan or Feb, we should be seeing at least 3 no. 77W with the 2013 cabin products.
                    No, they have only just started with SWJ unfortunately- it didn't begin at the start of the year. SWG is the next one to keep an eye on as it's been out of service for some time.

We may see more than one being refitted at once- they've bumped SQ217/8 down to an old 773 for most of this month and next and their introduction timeline for Premium Y is quite ambitious, so I expect we may begin to see some significant progress fairly soon.

Comment

No, they have only just started with SWJ unfortunately- it didn't begin at the start of the year. SWG is the next one to keep an eye on as it's been out of service for some time.

We may see more than one being refitted at once- they've bumped SQ217/8 down to an old 773 for most of this month and next and their introduction timeline for Premium Y is quite ambitious, so I expect we may begin to see some significant progress fairly soon.
                      Well thanks for the info! I certainly hope they can speed up and restore SQ638/7 with a 77W with new cabin product. Having tried the new economy last Oct, I can say I am very impressed and satisfied with it.Can't wait to redeem a J class saver on SQ638/7!

Comment

• hoping they change sq 872/871 to the new products

Comment

• I'm praying for the new F on SQ638 in June

Comment

• Originally posted by timandthecity View Post
                            I'm praying for the new F on SQ638 in June
                            I burned miles for the new F on SQ638, what a waste... it's sleeper service, i.e. no food (other than snacks, breakfast and if you BTC), no satay, no caviar, no nothing !

Comment

• Are there only 6 regs with the new product? (SWU, SWV, SWW, SWY, SWZ and SNA) ?

Many thanks, eyeing SIN-MUC

Comment

• Originally posted by AirCanada881 View Post
                                Are there only 6 regs with the new product? (SWU, SWV, SWW, SWY, SWZ and SNA) ?

Many thanks, eyeing SIN-MUC
                                At present, they are the only 6 of the new batch in service. In addition to these 6, SWJ has been refitted with the new product and we expect more to be soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X