Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
    Doesn't MAN already get the 77WN? I thought such events would be held before the route gets the product in question.
    It happened by surprise twice only just a few days apart, but never since then.

Out of all the 77W flights that depart out of SIN from 23:00 to 2:00 at night, MAN is the first one out also the most critical not to be delayed as it has three short turnaround times with MUC-MAN-MUC and then returns quite late for the morning connections out of SIN compared with other long-haul arrivals.

I think maybe they were a bit tight with 77Ws over those days and had to pull a 77WN in to buy time with a fault perhaps so that SQ328 could depart punctually.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
      Based on my sources, SQ 227/228 is scheduled for 77WN deployment only from NS 15/16 i.e. 29 Mar onward
      9V-SNA first flew 11 February; estimated delivery is 15 March. It'll be the equivalent frame that allows 228/227 to be performed by 77WNs.

Then it's a long time until the next new one: first week in October. The refits will come on line much sooner.

Comment

• Hi all, I am pretty sure I read a comment on this thread about 77WN on the BCN, but cannot find it
        Can anybody refresh my memory ? Was it a one off or more regular thing ?

Thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
          Hi all, I am pretty sure I read a comment on this thread about 77WN on the BCN, but cannot find it
          Can anybody refresh my memory ? Was it a one off or more regular thing ?

Thanks !
          I'm sure that was me reporting that. A 77WN did an MXP only return and then two days later another did an MXP/BCN. Complete one-offs, never seen it since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
            9V-SNA first flew 11 February; estimated delivery is 15 March. It'll be the equivalent frame that allows 228/227 to be performed by 77WNs.

Then it's a long time until the next new one: first week in October. The refits will come on line much sooner.
            Hey Bitterroot, just wondering, where do you get your information from? Have always wanted to track the delivery schedules

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
              Hey Bitterroot, just wondering, where do you get your information from? Have always wanted to track the delivery schedules
              For some reason, the detailed info isn't easy to come by in public fora. And, you can't rely on Planespotters production lists -- they are very incomplete.

You might try Airliners.Net, then search for threads titled "Official xxx (plane model) Production/Testing Thread". There's one for virtually every model, and buried in each you will likely find a table with much more complete info than at Planespotters.

Be aware that the A.Net search function doesn't work very well, and the only way to locate some of these threads is to page back -- and back -- and back.

These threads and the tables with production/delivery schedules are the work of various fanboys, but they are very good at digging up the info. It's not really secret; it just seems hard to find. I have no idea how they do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                For some reason, the detailed info isn't easy to come by in public fora. And, you can't rely on Planespotters production lists -- they are very incomplete.

You might try Airliners.Net, then search for threads titled "Official xxx (plane model) Production/Testing Thread". There's one for virtually every model, and buried in each you will likely find a table with much more complete info than at Planespotters.

Be aware that the A.Net search function doesn't work very well, and the only way to locate some of these threads is to page back -- and back -- and back.

These threads and the tables with production/delivery schedules are the work of various fanboys, but they are very good at digging up the info. It's not really secret; it just seems hard to find. I have no idea how they do it.

I would say that a number A.netters are not just fanboys, but airplane/airline fanatics. They seem to devote their spare time to keeping track of airline inventories. How else can you expect over 200 threads for a single delivery, service launch, or incident?

I remember multiple cases of threads going out of hand and having to be locked up.

Comment

• For those following the (con)trails of the 5 77WNs, be advised that SQ424/423, the evening/night turn to Mumbai, have been performed by 77WNs the last few evenings -- 77W capacity being temporarily subbed in for the usual A380.

Back to A380 on a regular basis from 26 February, but in the meantime, likely some additional ad hoc 77WN turns on these schedules............

Comment

• As I'm about to book a ICN-SIN-SUB flight, I wonder if it will be used on SQ15 ICN-SIN, as it only mentioned B777-300ER on the sq.com. Planning to book that flight but the connection is too long at SIN. Wonder if it is worth to book this flight to try the new product instead of the SQ608 with the old product, as it offers a 2hrs connection at sin
                    Last edited by egondo; 19 February 2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by egondo View Post
                      As I'm about to book a ICN-SIN-SUB flight, I wonder if it will be used on SQ15 ICN-SIN, as it only mentioned B777-300ER on the sq.com. Planning to book that flight but the connection is too long at SIN. Wonder if it is worth to book this flight to try the new product instead of the SQ608 with the old product, as it offers a 2hrs connection at sin
                      You'd want to be a big gambler. A longer connection to take one of the regular 77WN flights is still not a guarantee of success. Just booking any 77W flight in the hope you might get lucky... Depends how you want to spend your time I guess!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        You'd want to be a big gambler. A longer connection to take one of the regular 77WN flights is still not a guarantee of success. Just booking any 77W flight in the hope you might get lucky... Depends how you want to spend your time I guess!
                        Well, the other flights are on the A330, so I would get the same Y seat (Y flyer heree )as in the older 77W.

Comment

• Any chance that SQ306 will be flown by 77WN soon?

Comment

• It probably won't be the 77WN, but SQ306 should be equipped with the new products by 2 Sept.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
                              Any chance that SQ306 will be flown by 77WN soon?
                              It does get the odd 77WN here and there. Your chance on SQ306 would be far greater than SQ326 to FRA, for example, which I don't think has ever seen the new product.

Comment

• No more 77WN sightings at MEL since that teaser!

I'm on 228 on either the 19th or 20th March, and returning on 227 on the 23rd. My fingers are crossed.

Does anyone know the reason behind the long delay of 228 yesterday?

Comment

Working...
                                X