Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
    Was going to book a flight from AMS and found out that it is changed from the 772ER to 77W from April 15. I wonder if it will be the 77WN.

So instead of J, I switched to booking F using miles at 85K one way (before the 15% discount).

Good deal, no?
    Are they selling F now on the route?

Of course it's good value if they do. That route is a gem now and is pending devaluation pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      Are they selling F now on the route?

Of course it's good value if they do. That route is a gem now and is pending devaluation pretty soon.
      They have not released any commercial F bookings on-line. If you try to book a paid ticket - website still says it is unavailable and offer a J seat instead or route you via CDG.

But redemption (inclu saver) F is already available. For little more than a J ticket on the new scale, you get F. Not bad.

144,500 miles for return on F to Europe is a steal on the 77W today. And hopefully it will be a 77WN. Anyone has any idea?

Got 2 seats in F confirmed for my daughter and me. Yup.

Comment

• 9V-SWY is a 77WN already in service? Does that bring up the total no. off 77WN up to 4?

Is 9V-SWI is just a regular 77W?

Comment

• Originally posted by soonalvin View Post
          9V-SWY is a 77WN already in service? Does that bring up the total no. off 77WN up to 4?

Is 9V-SWI is just a regular 77W?
          The total is four: SWU/V/W/Y with Z due maybe in about a month. The sixth will be SNA apparently.

SWI was never refitted- the refit program doesn't start until early this year. It's constant allocation to SYD after returning from maintenance was just a coincidence. They often use SYD in this way, possibly because it is easier to substitute a different plane if something still isn't quite right than it is with a longer flight.

You can all get your hopes up as much as you want, but I'd think it highly unlikely that the 77WN will be allocated to AMS while there are still only a few of them. LHR, NRT, SYD and MEL are the current nominated destinations (MEL from end of March) and others generally only get a chance due to last-minute operational changes.

AMS has been upgraded to 77W three times prior to this only to be returned to 772ER, so it doesn't seem like SQ feels the need to impress AMS passengers too much. And if the plan is to fill F seats with redemption tickets to begin with, well you will definitely not see the 77WN taxi up to your gate!!

Comment

• SWZ has begun making test flights:

http://flightaware.com/photos/view/1...age/4/size/vga

SQ227/8 is officially scheduled to go 77WN at the end of March, but I'm suspecting (hoping) it may end up being earlier than that!

Comment

• 9V-SWZ is currently on it's way to SIN. Due to arrive around 3 or 4 am local time according to fr24.

Comment

• 9V-SWV made a visit to HKG (SQ856) on 26 Jan and the local news seemed to have announced 77WN (or perhaps refurbished 77W the way it was described) on SQ2/1 soon.

http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/realti...50126/53373856

Comment

• Originally posted by itami View Post
                  9V-SWV made a visit to HKG (SQ856) on 26 Jan and the local news seemed to have announced 77WN (or perhaps refurbished 77W the way it was described) on SQ2/1 soon.

http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/realti...50126/53373856
                  I was on that flight and i was thinking that's odd, how come its this plane, and now I know it was just for that day ! I came back today on the return flight and it was an A380, which is why i was puzzled !

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                    I was on that flight and i was thinking that's odd, how come its this plane, and now I know it was just for that day ! I came back today on the return flight and it was an A380, which is why i was puzzled !
                    Did any reporters or cameramen show up on the plane when you arrived? One of the pictures in the Apple Daily article looks like an advertisement while the other looks like it was taken on the spot.
                    Last edited by SQGamespeed; 29 January 2015, 02:03 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                      Did any reporters or cameramen show up on the plane when you arrived? One of the pictures in the Apple Daily article looks like an advertisement while the other looks like it was taken on the spot.
                      Seems that they let all of us off normally first and I think they had to clean the plane first haha. I believe the pics are taken on the spot. I am struggling to remember if the LSS in the pic is the one who tried to wake me up to eat my breakfast, but I was so exhausted I just slept right through the flight. I am inclined to think the pics all taken on the spot because the head rest liner seems still creased in the seat i sat in, by my sleeping on it at that angle for half the flight from before take off But i could be wrong since my memory is fuzzy from being so sleepy !

Comment

• Flew 9V-SWV in First, but the overhead lights and attendant call button were not working for seat 01F
                        Fly well,
                        Travel safe,
                        And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          SWZ has begun making test flights:

http://flightaware.com/photos/view/1...age/4/size/vga

SQ227/8 is officially scheduled to go 77WN at the end of March, but I'm suspecting (hoping) it may end up being earlier than that!
                          Looks like they are teasing MEL with another preview. 9V-SWY is in MEL this morning as SQ227.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                            Looks like they are teasing MEL with another preview. 9V-SWY is in MEL this morning as SQ227.
                            I'm now suspecting it may not be a preview but something more regular.

9V-SWZ took off about 5 hours ago to LHR as SQ318, its first flight in service. There's now an extra 77WN in service and MEL is the next slated destination...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              I'm now suspecting it may not be a preview but something more regular.

9V-SWZ took off about 5 hours ago to LHR as SQ318, its first flight in service. There's now an extra 77WN in service and MEL is the next slated destination...
                              The "extra" one in the fleet is now assigned to SQ 2/1 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

9V-SWU is currently performing SQ 2 - 5th, turning to SQ 1 - 6th at SFO.....

MEL does get the odd 77WN turn, but I don't think that it will be a regular assignment until March 29th.

Comment

• Yeah, I've seen that pattern now. But I guess without actually working in the rostering department, we can only predict what the next pattern will be. Perhaps it won't be too long before 9V-SNA arrives.

Comment

Working...
                                X