Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many op-ups have you gotten? report them here! Share your joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhm. thanks for tip. will do that should this happen to me again, and likely to be on LH. sigh!!!
    there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      I'm TPP6 and I've only ever had one op-up on SQ (I was probably QPP3 at the time). It was C->F. They gave me the F boarding pass at check-in and tried to put me back into C at the gate. Fortunately the station manager was there and I politely explained to him that it would be very poor customer service to take away an op-up after the boarding pass had been given to the passenger. We departed with one empty seat in C.
      A mate of mine wasn't quite as fortunate with BA at JFK. He was upgraded from Y+ to J at check in. He was in the lounge when the station manager "stormed in", with the check in agent in tow, proceeded to tear up his J BPs and gave him new Y+ ones. All the while admonishing the check in agent for her "mistake." The check in agent was embarrassed by the actions of her superior and repeatedly apologised to my friend after the station manager had left. I understand that op ups aren't to be expected and what the airline giveth they can also taketh yada yada yada... but the station manager's actions sounded most unprofessional. Great first impression for my friend's first time on BA too...
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 July 2008, 11:20 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• I would think that upgrades from Y to J happen more often than from J to F... Would be interesting to see the difference for QPP and TPP from Y to J...

Comment

• A friend of mine - an LPP - was travelling SQ334 one day later than my SQ334. She was booked in J, and was travelling with her colleague in Y (KF Blue). Their PNRs were noted that they were travelling together. The person in Y did internet check in. However, the check in agent couldn't find her in her OLCI seat. After 5 mins of searching, they finally found her next to my friend - in J class. She got op-uped with NO status.
          At boarding gate, unfortunately they got separated again. My friend (originally booked in J) got a red BP.
          Lucky day for both of them.

Comment

• Only one upgrade on SQ nearly 10 years ago from SIN-LHR from Y-J when I was not even a KF member (when did the KF program start?). I was travelling with my better half at that time but she checked in before me. When I told the check-in agent that I was travelling with my partner, she said that she would arrange something and at the gate my partner was upgraded too. So, I guess this is 2 in 1.

Oh yes, flew on Cathay with my family a few years ago (my only time flying Cathay) and all 4 of us were upgraded from Y-J!!!!

Comment

• Got op upgraded thrice on CX from Y-J (twice BKK-SIN and once SIN-BKK) and also once on SK from Y to Y+ (SIN-BKK).
              On each of the CX op ups, I got to try all their Js, regional, normal and new..
              pretty awesome stuff

Comment

• Had an op-up from Y to J on SQ 857 in March due to a whole crowd of Hong Kong school children 3 months into my TPP status.

Downside is that I got seated next to a dude, presumably TPP also as he was in the F lounge, who chided me for using a camera on takeoff and mumbled to himself "So dangerous!"

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  It is pretty hard to get an op-up if you pay for the highest class of service.
                  that's very kind of you terryk, but definitely not true. in fact, there was a recent photo taken of taipeiflyer with a mr. and mrs. nickbot.... mr. and mrs. nickbot's F boarding passes are glowing radiantly on both sides of taipeiflyer's Y ticket. i definitely thought my Y SIN-DPS ticket was my best chance at an op-up...but alas, no. J was fully booked.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    that's very kind of you terryk, but definitely not true. in fact, there was a recent photo taken of taipeiflyer with a mr. and mrs. nickbot.... mr. and mrs. nickbot's F boarding passes are glowing radiantly on both sides of taipeiflyer's Y ticket. i definitely thought my Y SIN-DPS ticket was my best chance at an op-up...but alas, no. J was fully booked.
                    Hehe, that photo will be published soon as part of my TR Most out of the ordinary though, the nickbots look out of place with the red BPs and taipeiflyer looks out of place with the green

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      A mate of mine wasn't quite as fortunate with BA at JFK. He was upgraded from Y+ to J at check in. He was in the lounge when the station manager "stormed in", with the check in agent in tow, proceeded to tear up his J BPs and gave him new Y+ ones. All the while admonishing the check in agent for her "mistake."
                      I would have politely insisted that the station manager rebook me on VS.

Comment

• Something just crossed my mind today regarding SQ's operational upgrades. I realised that the people I know who have had operational upgrades were not *A frequent flyer members. None from *G & *S & *Nothing.

Comment

• My brother (not a SQTalker) recently went to YYZ for holiday. He booked BA World Traveller Plus (i.e. premium economy) and upgraded the roundtrip to Club World (i.e. business) for 25,000 BA miles. BA then announced their CW sale prices which were only a bit more than what he'd paid for WT+. Taking into account change fees etc, it wasn't worthwhile to refund the miles upgrade and change the WT+ tix to CW.

However, as it turned out, he was upgraded on the outbound from LHR at the gate to F. He even got allocated seat 2A which some say is the best on the plane (744). If that wasn't enough, he checked his booking whilst in Canada and discovered they'd also upgraded him in advance to F on the inbound to LHR.

He has never had any status with BAEC - just a base level blue member - and is an infrequent leisure discount Y flyer (like most people). Some people are just so bl**dy lucky!

Comment

• 10+++ just on SQ (plus lots more on NZ, CX, QF, etc)

What do you call an unsupported upgrade that is not required for operational reasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              My brother (not a SQTalker) recently went to YYZ for holiday. He booked BA World Traveller Plus (i.e. premium economy) and upgraded the roundtrip to Club World (i.e. business) for 25,000 BA miles. BA then announced their CW sale prices which were only a bit more than what he'd paid for WT+. Taking into account change fees etc, it wasn't worthwhile to refund the miles upgrade and change the WT+ tix to CW.

However, as it turned out, he was upgraded on the outbound from LHR at the gate to F. He even got allocated seat 2A which some say is the best on the plane (744). If that wasn't enough, he checked his booking whilst in Canada and discovered they'd also upgraded him in advance to F on the inbound to LHR.
                              Hmm...I will be on WTP in 2 weeks time, hoping to get the upgrades to CW (using miles = 30,000 for AM). But, still couldn't get the seat for the return leg (LHR-HKG). Let's see....

I saw some got upgraded from J-->F for HKG-LAX-HKG on my recent trips.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                                10+++ just on SQ (plus lots more on NZ, CX, QF, etc)

What do you call an unsupported upgrade that is not required for operational reasons?
                                A miracle? Time to play the lottery?

Comment

Working...
                                X