Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ's First A380 Delivery?

Hello all

Does anyone know when SQ is due to take first delivery?
    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

In theory, Oct 2007.
    In practice, we'll see....
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Cheers Keith.

Well, after a 2 year delay already, Airbus almost certainly has run out of excuses to delay delivery now...
      ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Comment

Originally posted by BOEING777 View Post
        Well, after a 2 year delay already, Airbus almost certainly has run out of excuses to delay delivery now...
        Never underestimate companies that have such a mix of political and economic considerations.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by BOEING777 View Post
          I went on an Airbus tour last weekend (the TOF TLS Tour de France Do) and it was really amusing that the Airbus guide told us lots but didn't mention even once the delays and wiring problems! And nobody was awkward enough to ask!

I was pleased to see three A380s at an early stage of construction from an observation platform in this vast hangar (unfortunately, no photos were allowed anywhere on the site). The tailfins were already painted with their respective colours - EK, QF and at the back SQ.

(Having said that, the highlight of the tour was the chance to walk through one of the production Concordes F-WTSB - leaving aside all the emotion about Concorde's retirement and supersonic flight, give me SQ F any day...)

Comment

Working...
          X