Airplane model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane model

My dearest friend would love to have Megatop model. My HKG-SIN and four other flights did not have it. Took SQ16 SIN-ICN with the familiar faces crew, and yup, I got it. I mean the box shows the picture of Megatop. Going through security at ICN, the Herpa box got special treatment. Yeah, it showed as if a knife on the screen. Fortunately, the screener, after three times run through, was convinced it's a real airplane model.

Took YVR-SFO. At YVR, same thing happened. Sharp pen. But she was okay after running through the x-ry again. So, the box is still in the original plastic wrapped.

This morning, at SFO domestic, the screener thought it was a knife. I explained to her that I bought it on board SQ, and still had untampered plastic wrapped. Guess what? She could not figure it out the shape of the object on the screen. Well, she decided to rip off the plastic to look inside the box. After carefully checked, she gave back the model and the box.

So my dearest friend, the Megatop is in FedEx right now. Hope you will get it this Friday!

Cheers!

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    So my dearest friend, the Megatop is in FedEx right now. Hope you will get it this Friday!
    I'm glad your Megatop came away unscathed -- saved for the stripped wrapping.

I ordered my 1:200 Megatop model on board a year or two back and had it delivered to my office, so fortunately it did not have to suffer multiple doses of harmful radiation. Still, the "knife" that came had smudged letterings and gold/blue lines, so I had it exchanged. The perfect replacement now sits proudly in my study!

By the way, I believe this 1:200 model is no longer available. So sad yah?
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

ME TOO

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      My dearest friend would love to have Megatop model. My HKG-SIN and four other flights did not have it. Took SQ16 SIN-ICN with the familiar faces crew, and yup, I got it. I mean the box shows the picture of Megatop. Going through security at ICN, the Herpa box got special treatment. Yeah, it showed as if a knife on the screen. Fortunately, the screener, after three times run through, was convinced it's a real airplane model.

Took YVR-SFO. At YVR, same thing happened. Sharp pen. But she was okay after running through the x-ry again. So, the box is still in the original plastic wrapped.

This morning, at SFO domestic, the screener thought it was a knife. I explained to her that I bought it on board SQ, and still had untampered plastic wrapped. Guess what? She could not figure it out the shape of the object on the screen. Well, she decided to rip off the plastic to look inside the box. After carefully checked, she gave back the model and the box.

Cheers!
      Gee that happened to ME too!!Except not so many times in the security. It happened to me in US.Man after 9/11 they're security level is SO high

Comment

I still don't know what is the"knife"

Comment

Originally posted by Kai-Sheng View Post
          I still don't know what is the"knife"
          The "knife" is actually the metal-based Boeing 747 model in the box. It shows up in the shape of a knife on the X-ray screen.
          My Cafe Adventures

Comment

When I mail ordered the 1:200 in Jan 07, KrisShop mailed me the box came with 9V-SPI so I thought the aircraft model is gonna to be 9V-SPI, but unfortunately it's not, it's 9V-SPQ.

But what I ordered back in 2003, the 9V-SPQ looks like this:

Comment

Nice pics.

So is the 1:200 Herpa Megatop still available?

Would it be possible to "order" it on one SQ flight and ask that they have it for me on a future one? For example, I could order it on SQ 25 JFK-FRA and ask that they have it ready for me to pick up in SIN when I arrive for my onward connection. Or I could ask that they have it for me on my return SQ 26 ten days later.

I'm assuming they don't ordinarily carry the 1:200 models onboard. I've had no problem getting the 1:400 models. ^

Comment

Very nice. I got two and one of them is SPQ. Was still able to order it begining of this year but am ot sure of the current situation.

MegatopLover, just download the mail order form online and get it sent to you or to your friendly SIN based SQTalker who can pass it to you at SKL when you next meet.

Comment

Like SQTalker, my box shows SPI and the model within shows SPQ. I assume they reprinted the box for some reason recently while retaining the original model. Did anyone notice the different positions of the Economy Class windows on the real SPI and SPQ displayed the boxes? Must be due to the different configurations of the B744. This also means there's a discrepancy between the real SPQ and the SPQ model!

By the way, SQTalker, I would have rejected my plane if the paintwork had been similar to the SPQ you got -- note the misaligned gold and blue lines near the front of the aircraft.
                  My Cafe Adventures

Comment

With regards to the availability of the B747 model, it no longer appears in the KrisShop mail order catalogue, whether online or in print. I'm not sure if the warehouse still stocks it though; You might want to ask.
                    My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                      With regards to the availability of the B747 model, it no longer appears in the KrisShop mail order catalogue, whether online or in print.
                      Don't tell me that it will be a collector's item as SQ undergo with its fleet upgrade?

Comment

I only have one 1:200 model of SQ's 744 9V-SMU with the 1000th Boeing747 title.

Comment

the nose is hideous on this model....

Comment

Working...
                          X