Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Flight Itinerary Change

Hi

I booked a return SQ Flight from London to Singapore via Opodo travel portal. Due to urgent, last minute change of work schedule I need to make modifications on the internary on my return journey from Singapore to London.

SQ Contact Centre tells me that itinerary cannot be changed as its a low fare deal. The ticket also is non refundable. This information was not visible to me as I booked using Opodo, a travel portal and not SQ website.

There is SQ flight availability for a later date and price is also cheaper than what I have paid. So dont understand, the issues in making this change. I am also on the krisflyer frequent flyer program. I am even willing to pay a fee to change itinerary or pay the fare difference in case there is for a change in return flight.

Anyone faced something similar or can suggest how it can be done.

You can upfare the ticket and change the booking class on the way back.

Assuming you are in V, you can upfare to E. They won't refund the V part of LHR-SIN but charge the full price for E - but only 50% of the return price for SIN-LHR. Taxes are already paid.

Comment

Yes, I am in Booking Class 'V'. SQ refuses to upfare to 'E' as booking class 'V' does not allow that.

Comment

Opodo may be your best best - they are very coy about the rules - although I'm not overly hopeful. Did you use a credit card that may offer some help? have any insurance with cancellation cover?

Comment

This is Opodo's problem, not SQ's - unfortunately there's no reason for SQ to help you if you did not book through them. IIRC, Opodo does mention that fares are non-changeable when you click through on the terms and conditions, which presumably you agreed to. In my previous experience, Opodo's customer service is also pretty shoddy, which is why I don't book through them, even when they are cheaper on occasion

If you require changes due to work commitments, why not buy a one-way ticket and charge it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by ratz View Post
            Yes, I am in Booking Class 'V'. SQ refuses to upfare to 'E' as booking class 'V' does not allow that.
            Call them again. Upfare is allowed the way I described it: You will lose the money paid for V and have to pay full E - but only on a half-way basis.

The change will cost you about 1.000 SGD.

Comment

Working...
            X