Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ 26/25 to 77W in NW12; SQ 2/1 to A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how CX woudl react? Deploy their new aircraft with the new J,Y+ and Y?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Last I checked, HKG is in the same continent as SIN
      Ah, I see what you mean now!

Comment

Funny.. just checked the SQ Booking system. the flight type is not updated yet

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I've been used to hearing SFO via HKG with the 77W. Why can't they upgrade ICN? They should have upgraded SQ16/15, not 1/2. 77W is better on the longer flight from SFO at night.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I've been used to hearing SFO via HKG with the 77W. Why can't they upgrade ICN? They should have upgraded SQ16/15, not 1/2. 77W is better on the longer flight from SFO at night.
            Maybe because of better yields and/or fuller loads on SQ 1/2?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
              Maybe because of better yields and/or fuller loads on SQ 1/2?
              I harbour timing as an additional guess for rotation. Pretty hard for the 16/15 combo to rotate with other A380 destinations given that the outbound is a mid morning departure and the inbound arrived in the middle of the night. Unable to think of optimum utilization at the moment given that none of the A380 destinations leaves later enough for 15's arrival

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                I harbour timing as an additional guess for rotation. Pretty hard for the 16/15 combo to rotate with other A380 destinations given that the outbound is a mid morning departure and the inbound arrived in the middle of the night. Unable to think of optimum utilization at the moment given that none of the A380 destinations leaves later enough for 15's arrival
                It could actually. In the days when ZRH was 77W, 15 would turn around for 346.

Comment

Looks like SQ638/637 will be the all J upper deck. Anyone else experienced the last rows? Can only see people who select seats on row 96 got moved forward due to low numbers in J

Comment

Flights are now showing as A380 in the res systems...

I can't believe though that SQ announces they will change to A380 the SQ1/2 and then wait a few days before updating the systems...meantime I got busy and booked 2 SIN-SFOs and a HKG-SIN as SAVER FIRST as soon as I saw the announcement...how good is that? ...was surprised to see I could get savers on those flights just after they announced it.

Also with SQ now on Amadues, in the past you could actually book Suites as Standard award on selected SIN-FRA and SYD-SIN - that's stopped now :-(

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post

I can't believe though that SQ announces they will change to A380 the SQ1/2 and then wait a few days before updating the systems...
                      That's pretty much what SQ did in the past. nothing new.
                      Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post

I can't believe though that SQ announces they will change to A380 the SQ1/2 and then wait a few days before updating the systems...meantime I got busy and booked 2 SIN-SFOs and a HKG-SIN as SAVER FIRST as soon as I saw the announcement...how good is that? ...was surprised to see I could get savers on those flights just after they announced it.

Also with SQ now on Amadues, in the past you could actually book Suites as Standard award on selected SIN-FRA and SYD-SIN - that's stopped now :-(
                        Cool.. I had a similar booking for sin -hkg. Booked a pair of F on SQ2. Now I have an error on the booking
                        "One or more flights in your itinerary have been re-scheduled. We will be contacting you to assist with the flight changes and rebooking for mis-connections of onward journey, if any. If you require urgent assistance, kindly contact your local Singapore Airlines office."

Wonder what they are going to do with my booking.
                        Last edited by jupiter; 31 July 2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I find it strange, 28dec Sinsfo SQ2 is A380, but 29dec sfosin is B773ER??

Comment

Originally posted by jupiter View Post
                            Cool.. I had a similar booking for sin -hkg. Booked a pair of F on SQ2. Now I have an error on the booking
                            "One or more flights in your itinerary have been re-scheduled. We will be contacting you to assist with the flight changes and rebooking for mis-connections of onward journey, if any. If you require urgent assistance, kindly contact your local Singapore Airlines office."

Wonder what they are going to do with my booking.
                            I have the same problem. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. If that fails, I'll just call them up

Comment

my bookings now say the same...

But guys what you can do is go to www.checkmytrip.com

which is Amadeus and put in the booking reference - you will see a few time changes and your A380 flight will list as confirmed.

And I noticed too the strange thing of the West bound SQ2 showing as 773ER and in the availability it has "R" class...they are still updating.

Best thing is to NOT call them and let it all sort out...last time I did that the guy wanted to take the booking from me and put on a later flight with standard F.

The other big change is that A380 flights are now showing "A" class inventory finally - which means they can be booked on Star Alliance First Class round world.

Sadly it doesn't let you book standard awards as yet. but things will change with that soon from what I hear...

Comment

My SIN-FRA flight now shows. 77W instead of A380. No notification from SQ on the change. And existing seat reservations got not honoured in any way. My wife and I suddenly sat on seats well apart from each other. So it looks like they just assigned everybody some seat individually.

Comment

Working...
                                X