Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing an upgrade for 1 sector

Hi all,

I have booked a return economy flight to HKG this coming November and would like to ask if it is possible to pay for an upgrade to business class just for the Singapore to Hong Kong sector?

Unfortunately I do not have any status at all, so I'm most probably only looking at cash upgrade.

Not sure if such information is needed, but i'll be travelling on SQ860 and SQ865.

Thanks and regards.

Yes . It's possible, provided your ticket is a flexible ticket.
    I have done it before. mine was a flexi ticket, not sure if you can do the same with a flexi saver ticket.

Just simply call reservations.

Comment

You will need to pay the fare difference between J and your current fare class for the flight to hong kong, and Y fare and current fare class for the return to Singapore. Did that on a SIN-BNE-SIN flight before, the fare difference between business class and the upgraded fares were about the same.
      I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Hmm ok thanks for the info.

If I only want to change the Singapore to Hong Kong sector, does it mean I'll only need to top up difference for that flight? i.e. no additional actions required for the Hong Kong to Singapore?

What about requesting for a cash upgrade at check in? Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
          ...If I only want to change the Singapore to Hong Kong sector, does it mean I'll only need to top up difference for that flight? i.e. no additional actions required for the Hong Kong to Singapore?...
          Yes, as long as your fare allows combination with other fares. Most of them are fine except for some of the cheapest fares.

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
          ....What about requesting for a cash upgrade at check in? Is that possible?
          Yes, it is possible but the cost will be the same. Be sure to allow one extra hour for check-in as your ticket need to be re-issued for upfare.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            Yes, as long as your fare allows combination with other fares. Most of them are fine except for some of the cheapest fares.
            "Oooohhh.. that might be a problem for me as I've purchased the flexi saver if my memory serves me well. But can I top up to flexi fare and biz?"

The sentence in ".." was what I wanted to ask. But I think it's a dumb question. So yeah. Thanks again guys for the help. I'll either call up reservations and see what arrangements can be made or just try my luck at the check in counter.

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            Yes, it is possible but the cost will be the same. Be sure to allow one extra hour for check-in as your ticket need to be re-issued for upfare.
            Shouldnt be a problem. Planning to check in 48 hours before hand. Planning to meet some friends and relatives who are transiting through Changi and some of my credit cards allow me access to the lounges.
            Last edited by RCTP; 10 July 2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X