Letter Of Commendation For Singapore Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Of Commendation For Singapore Girl

How do I e-mail a Letter Of Commendation for a certain flight attendant?

I have checked the airline website but there does not seem to be a suitable address.

SQ flight attendants are generally proficient in their job but this Singapore Girl really stood out in being personable and going out of her way to make my flight a memorable one. Some just have that added flair..

I don't normally bother but half way through the 14 hr flight I was sufficiently impressed to take note of her name.

Pointers appreciated!

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
    Pointers appreciated!
    Is that the subject matter for your letter?

Comment

Hi,

Go to SQ website, find Feedback & Enquiry - Customer Service. You would usually receive an email from some personnel manager if you commended a flight stewardess by name

Comment

Originally posted by Bat69 View Post
        Hi,

Go to SQ website, find Feedback & Enquiry - Customer Service. You would usually receive an email from some personnel manager if you commended a flight stewardess by name
        From experience, they'll just copy and paste some sort of template. Don't know about now though.

Comment

Didn't get any acknowledgement on my last three commendations in March :/

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Didn't get any acknowledgement on my last three commendations in March :/
            That's bad form.

Comment

I used the feedback form last night. Let's see if they acknowledge.

I remembered they responded to complaint. They called me in person to assure me that the feedback had been forwarded to relevant dept.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
                How do I e-mail a Letter Of Commendation for a certain flight attendant?

I have checked the airline website but there does not seem to be a suitable address.

SQ flight attendants are generally proficient in their job but this Singapore Girl really stood out in being personable and going out of her way to make my flight a memorable one. Some just have that added flair..

I don't normally bother but half way through the 14 hr flight I was sufficiently impressed to take note of her name.

Pointers appreciated!
                That is very thoughtful. Good service is to be encouraged and a written feedback with specific names, dates, sector and flight numbers will ensure that the crew receives it.

It will take a couple of months to get to the staff though.
                The staff will just get a letter ( template of course ) informing them that a compliment was received in their favour, with " keep up the good deed" signed ( template again ) by some executive.

SQ crew management do not hold compliments as an indication of performance. In fact, to them, it is an expectation. Neither does the quantity or the quality of compliments count.

They do take great pains to deliver punitive measures for complaints though and these stick forever. ( Its supposed to be removed after 2 years, for the purpose of promotions.. but.. )

I find it more personal to show my appreciation directly to any crew or service provider. They can see me and the sincerity is there.
                Hospitality is a tough job.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflight Sup View Post
                  I find it more personal to show my appreciation directly to any crew or service provider. They can see me and the sincerity is there.
                  Hospitality is a tough job.
                  Most definitely. I usually heap praise upon the crew at the door just before disembarking if they have done a truly excellent job.

The feedback email on the website is the way to go for compliments and I have never received any response back from SIA; matter of fact, the only time I received a written acknowledgment was from a written compliment about SilkAir crew! It struck me as quite the exception, hence that letter from the SilkAir customer service manager has remained inside my carry on ever since as a good luck charm

A red kebaya-clad Singapore Girl once told me that besides emailing SIA regarding compliments, it is also a good idea to write them on one's personal stationery. This came from one of the top CSSs I met on a flight last year. When I was chatting with an SQTalk founder seated next to me on SQ 748, I was pleasantly surprised that we shared a mutual acquaintance and that another SQTalker also held her professionalism in high esteem
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Hi,

Maybe I was the exception, but the two times I sent in compliments, with the Stewardess names and complementing why they stood out among their peers, I received both times emails from the respective station managers, in Copenhagen and Dubai.

Sad to hear that Customer's compliments does not help towards their career review

Comment

Originally posted by Bat69 View Post
                      Hi,

Maybe I was the exception, but the two times I sent in compliments, with the Stewardess names and complementing why they stood out among their peers, I received both times emails from the respective station managers, in Copenhagen and Dubai.

Sad to hear that Customer's compliments does not help towards their career review
                      Yes, they should count it as brownies points.....Poor Singapore Girls and Singapore Boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Inflight Sup View Post
                        SQ crew management do not hold compliments as an indication of performance. In fact, to them, it is an expectation. Neither does the quantity or the quality of compliments count.
                        Actually, that's not quite true. Passenger compliments do count, although at less than 10% admittedly it's only a small percentage of the Annual Appraisal.

They do take great pains to deliver punitive measures for complaints though and these stick forever. ( Its supposed to be removed after 2 years, for the purpose of promotions.. but.. )
                        Absolutely. I feel for crew with this as there are an increasing number of PITA pax flying around these days and I know a couple who have had really petty complaints made against them, which SQ do take very seriously as you say.

I have previously offered to back up an LSS who I saw being treated truly dreadfully by a pax a couple of years ago as he was behaving like a **** and was threatening to 'report' her. I ended up 'having a word' with the pax and that seemed to calm him down somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I have previously offered to back up an LSS who I saw being treated truly dreadfully by a pax a couple of years ago as he was behaving like a **** and was threatening to 'report' her. I ended up 'having a word' with the pax and that seemed to calm him down somewhat.
                          I have encountered this too. On my recent AMS-SIN flight there was a drunk Russian (hey, what's new?) hitting on the FAs.. mentioning the likes of 'oh don't worry.. I won't rape you!'. Managed to shut him up

Comment

Working...
                          X