Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reserved a bassinet but not allowed to choose seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserved a bassinet but not allowed to choose seat?

Hello all,

Wonder if any of you would be able to clarify. I purchased my ticket online by redeeming krisflyer points, and another ticket for my wife + infant through travel agent.

This was my first purchase ever as a krisflyer member, and had to purchase my wife's ticket separately due to insufficient points. I decided to get through a travel agent as I thought it would be a lot easier to find the cheapest flight & seat as we'll be flying in December (Sydney - Denpasar).

The travel agent automatically reserved a bassinet for my baby, and it has been confirmed as indicated on the ticket. I cheered that the first time I saw it. But a few days later it became a massive disappointment.

I found out that my wife isn't entitled to choose a preferred seat because her ticket was bought through travel agent. And after calling the customer service twice, I also found that they could only make a note/request to sit me next to my wife and baby. And we would be able to know which seat we'll be seating only at the check-in time. Does this make sense? Is this normal? I'm disappointed partly because as a krisflyer member I don't have such previllege to get this thing settled in advance.

The other question is, why the customer service officer told me that my wife will not be able to pick her own seat because she got a bassinet reserved and confirmed. She becomes "powerless" and will find out her seat at check-in time. While in fact, people who buy ticket from travel agent can choose their seat 48 hours before the flight. SQ also does not guarantee that I will get a seat next to my wife, they can only make a record in they system that I'm requesting to sit next to my wife.

I'm planning to make a third call to their customer service asking if this can be settled sooner. But, perhaps if any of you have any advice if all that is right and I can't do much about it. Or, if you reckon SQ could do better that that...or whatever...any inputs would be much appreciated.

It would be our first flight on A380 and our first flight with a baby...hope it would be fun and I wouldn't sit far apart from my beloved ones

Thanks much.
    Joe

it can happen. Keep screaming and continue to push them. Remind them that its a long flight that they don't want a screaming baby in the middle of the flight that will only spoil everyone's experience simply because they don't want to do because they can.

I've done this before with my SIN - MEL flight. I booked it really late and they told me the bassinet seat is taken. I asked them if it was for a family with infants, and otherwise, I get absolute priority. The lady on the line denied that at first, but eventually relented after i pushed and pushed and pushed.
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Thanks Inix. Yea, I also believe if they can help us out if they want to. Seems to me SQ has outsourced their call centre? I contacted them few years ago and spoke to their own staff...I suppose...because I recognised her Singaporean accent.

Anyway, perhaps if anyone could also advise how I shall do my booking next time so that I can get a guarantee and I'll be sitting together with my wife & baby (for similar case where 1 ticket is purchased through points redemption).

Oh also, can my wife request SQ to transfer her milage points to my krisflyer account? Although I didn't mention my krisflyer account number when I bought her ticket from the travel agent.

Comment

Originally posted by joejohn View Post
        Thanks Inix. Yea, I also believe if they can help us out if they want to. Seems to me SQ has outsourced their call centre? I contacted them few years ago and spoke to their own staff...I suppose...because I recognised her Singaporean accent.

Anyway, perhaps if anyone could also advise how I shall do my booking next time so that I can get a guarantee and I'll be sitting together with my wife & baby (for similar case where 1 ticket is purchased through points redemption).

Oh also, can my wife request SQ to transfer her milage points to my krisflyer account? Although I didn't mention my krisflyer account number when I bought her ticket from the travel agent.
        If you had a request like this, you might want to book the ticket together with your wife through the TA so that any request can be uplifted as a single request.

As for mileage transfer, do check with the TA if the booking class is mileage accruable. And no, the mileage stays credited to your wife

Comment

Welcome to SQT joejohn.

I would not get overly worried. I often booked my wife/infant daughter on separate tickets from myself and always put in a request to be seated together.
          Customer service is often constrained by what they can do in this case except for putting a note in. I would urge you to call the SQ airport office 72 hours before departure to firm it up. By that time-frame, airport would have taken over control of seating and they will do sort it all out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by joejohn View Post

If you really want to speak to a local, call the call-center again, and press Chinese instead of English. That's still local primarily.
            Life's A Bitch,
            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Yea alright, thanks sinfj, inix and 9v for your inputs. So I guess for now I'll just try not to worry about it too much, and contact them again 72 hours prior to departure.

Comment

Working...
              X