SQ online ticket purchase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ online ticket purchase question

When I try to select my "From" city (San Diego) and my "To" city (Taipei), SQ's website indicates that I have made a choice that is not valid. I can select Los Angeles as my source, and Taipei as my destination, and the fares appear as you expect they would.

My question is why does "San Diego" appear on the list of choices if it is not a valid "From" city in their system?

I am trying to include my origin city in the ticket that I buy from SQ.

Thanks.

LH
    Last edited by LampStack; 19 April 2007, 03:30 AM.

I tried a dummy Y booking (I know, not First Class ) with random dates, and I was able to choose (as an example) the following routing:

Outbound Flight
    Fri 27 Apr 2007

UA900 SAN-SFO
    SQ15 SFO-SIN

Return Flight
    Tue 22 May 2007

SQ12 SIN-LAX
    UA6082 LAX-SAN

Total Price USD 1,385.57

Maybe because I looked at cattle class?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Maybe that is the issue.

I was trying to book F class. Obviously, there is no first class on the short flight from San Diego to LAX. Maybe there is a way to do this anyway. I'll keep working on it!

LH

Comment

I've now tried First, and I got flights with Business on UA between SAN and SFO and First on SQ for SFO-ICN-SIN and SIN-HKG-SFO. Price = USD 10,456.57. But the return fare shows for only certain combinations of dates; make sure you click on the 'Flexible on Travel Dates' option on the first page of the booking engine so that you can see the dates for which the fare exists.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

AFAIK, when the first segment is only Y, then F next segment, SQ website can not do that. For example, I am trying to do YVR-ICN C and ICN-SIN F. SQ website only allow me to do both in C. Another example, I can not price DPS-SIN C SIN-ICN F.

jjpb3, SAN-SFO indeed has F, so can get priced all in F. The OP has SAN-LAX in Y and LAX-TPE in F (after July should be 77W, and this is my guess the OP wants to take the particular route).

Comment

When I book online from YVR to BWN I get charged $4000+USD for cattle class while the travel agent quotes me $1600-$2000 what gives!

Comment

Originally posted by impresta View Post
              When I book online from YVR to BWN I get charged $4000+USD for cattle class while the travel agent quotes me $1600-$2000 what gives!
              Different fare buckets. Sometimes singaporeair.com tends to only show full fares if the booking is made too far in advanced. Or it could just be a website glitch.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The funny thing is that when I enter SAN-ICN in C class I can see fares on line at SQ's website, but not when I enter SAN-TPE or SAN-HKG.

Update 4/19/07: I called SQ reservations and also their web support number and they indicated that SQ is in the process of making reservations from other US cities (san diego, denver, phoenix, etc) to the main departures hubs of SFO, JFK, ORD, LAX available. So far, all she could advise me was to send an email via the "contact us" link on SQ's website to find out when this new feature will be available.

Also, SQ telephone reservations will sell a ticket from a "non-hub" US city as an origin, but it is quite expensive.

LH
                Last edited by LampStack; 20 April 2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X