Front J cabin on SQ 388s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front J cabin on SQ 388s

Do SQ block all the seats out in the front J cabin on the upper deck of the A380 for their elites?

I want to go swimming on top of the world and I'm trying to find any Friday in March with a window seat on the 317. Similarly returning to LHR on Sunday morning. I can't believe how full it is this far out. Does Lufty SEN (star gold)get me access to these seats?

No, you have to pay the J Standard amount at this moment. J Savers should start appearing soon. Depends on your luck.

Lufty SEN doesn't really help all that much as it's pretty much up to SQ's whim and fancy. Ask for a supervisor at the call centre to help you out if you still get nowhere. There's no guarantee they can do anything for you if you're non-KF elite. Pretty much sums up the SQ motto.

Comment

I think OP was referring to seat assignment in the front J cabin on the 388s, rather than Business Saver vs Business Standard?
      As far as I know, there is no blocking for elites. Some flights can be quite busy.

Comment

Whoopsies, was in redemption mode...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          I think OP was referring to seat assignment in the front J cabin on the 388s, rather than Business Saver vs Business Standard?
          As far as I know, there is no blocking for elites. Some flights can be quite busy.
          Not sure if this is true, but for one of my flights (SQ1), there was only 1 seat out of the entire economy cabin available. I called and the agent (she did mentioned some wrong info to me, so I'm slightly skeptical on what she said) said some of the seats are blocked and would be released at/closer to check in. I presume this is as SQ1 is a direct flight SFO - HKG - SIN, thus only some seats are available for each sector during booking, but these open up during check in?

Could OP's case be similar?

Comment

J class seat availability are more straightforward than Y as far as I know.
            In Y, first 2 rows are usually blocked on some flights, for elites, then there is Preferred Seats etc. Sometimes certain parts are blocked to be released closer to check in.
            In J, very minimal blocking if any. Bassinet seats may not be assignable online, but through a phone agent that can be done (with a warning that is is subject to swapping if there is a baby needing a bassinet onboard). Crew rest seats for long haul (last row center aisle seats in the forward cabin of the 380 for example).

Comment

11/12 A/K. You're welcome to it!

Comment

I've always managed to get front cabin but my flights are booked a long way off, whether it is a paid ticket or redemption has made no difference.

It is maybe just a case of the front cabin filling fast as it is smaller, so people prefer it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                  I've always managed to get front cabin but my flights are booked a long way off, whether it is a paid ticket or redemption has made no difference.

It is maybe just a case of the front cabin filling fast as it is smaller, so people prefer it.
                  There's a feeling that one arrives faster when one is up front.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    There's a feeling that one arrives faster when one is up front.
                    But it's true....isn't it?

Comment

I was assigned 11F on the 388 to LAX,.... phobia, it was so closed up and my head was spinning as you cannot see out and don't know which way the plane was turning etc etc, I hated it...... fortunately on second leg from NRT to LAX the CSS arrange that a tech crew exchange seat with me.
                      Last edited by kapitan; 3 March 2012, 06:07 AM.
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        I was assigned 11F on the 388 to LAX,.... phobia, it was so closed up and my head was spinning as you cannot see out and don't know which way the plane was turning etc etc, I hated it......
                        You're the second person I know who has complained about row 11 on A380.

And I thought its just me. I got "air sick" during taxi for take off while seated in 11K!

There are, I suspect, several reasons for this:
                        1. no window to look out of
                        2. being on upper deck ( same explanation as being on a ship: if you're prone to sea sickness, better to be lower deck than upper deck )
                        3. turning "corners" at the front of the plane has greater "swinging" movement than, say, if you're seated over the wing

I have the same problem of air sick ( less severe ) sitting in upper deck of 744.

fortunately on second leg from NRT to LAX the CSS arrange that a tech crew exchange seat with me.
                        J was full NRT-LAX?!
                        Last edited by 9V-SIA; 3 March 2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Nope. AC*G here and I've been (randomly I guess) assigned 12K the last three SQ388 flights.

Comment

Yes, J was full on both legs
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                            X