Sleeping Surface: New F vs New C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Surface: New F vs New C

Is the sleeping surface on new F and new C made out of exactly the same material? i.e firmness, thickness, comfort? Therefore meaning that the only difference would be the dimensions of the bed.

Cheers

First Class has a slightly softer padding. SQ should offer a better mattress though. I am travelling with an IKEA mattress cover that folded once fits most Business and First seats. Makes a huge difference :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      First Class has a slightly softer padding. SQ should offer a better mattress though. I am travelling with an IKEA mattress cover that folded once fits most Business and First seats. Makes a huge difference :-)
      SMK77, could you give us a pic of this mattress? I find the J bed a tad hard. I wished it hard the same consistency before it is folded down to a bed. Thanks.

Comment

CarbonMan, as an alternative, you can use the blanket provided or asked for even more if you want it even softer. I do.

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.squidoo.com/ikea-mattresses

You can fold it and it fits into your carry-on. Eating up a lot of space but it's increasing the sleeping comfort significantly. Highly recommended :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            CarbonMan, as an alternative, you can use the blanket provided or asked for even more if you want it even softer. I do.
            Ah! thank you for that idea, 9V-JKL! I will certainly try it out this week on my EWR-SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              Here you go:

http://www.squidoo.com/ikea-mattresses

You can fold it and it fits into your carry-on. Eating up a lot of space but it's increasing the sleeping comfort significantly. Highly recommended :-)
              Thanks, SMK77! It will be on my shopping list! I need my deep sleep on those long flights!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Ah! thank you for that idea, 9V-JKL! I will certainly try it out this week on my EWR-SIN.
                Let us know how it turns out

Comment

Useful to know SMK77. Thanks

The mattress is F is adequate but J could use more padding.

Will go look for one this weekend

I use Ikea seat cushions when I fly Y!

Comment

I bought some 1.5'' memory foam topper and cut it to about 23'' width. Rolls up nice and tight and turns any airplane seat into a heavenly mattress
                    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                      I bought some 1.5'' memory foam topper and cut it to about 23'' width. Rolls up nice and tight and turns any airplane seat into a heavenly mattress
                      Pictures please.

Comment

Hi all
                        I just did a search via ebay, come to think of it, this would be a very handy item to have when flying red eye flights/ long haul. I see there is a seller in the U.K where you can buy such a mattresses protector (just search "Ikea mattresses protector"), they only want around 17AUD and that includes postage. Looks like a steal
                        Michael
                        PER

Comment

9V-JKL, I've tried this out and I have to say that the blanket is too thin to make a difference. Perhaps it is my lack of sufficient adipose tissue!

Will check out SMK77's suggestion of Ikea's mattress cover ... need to see if it can be compressed into my hand luggage.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            9V-JKL, I've tried this out and I have to say that the blanket is too thin to make a difference. Perhaps it is my lack of sufficient adipose tissue!
                            How many layers did you use?

Comment

How many layers did you use?
                              I laid out two layers, 9V-JKL, but didn't feel it was thick enough, so I folded it in half to double the layers - it was better, but ... I'm beginning to think I'm telling the story of the Princess and the Pea.

Comment

Working...
                              X