Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is an 'occupied' seat not occupied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is an 'occupied' seat not occupied?

I have a SIN-SYD-SIN trip coming up in Business. Outbound is 333, return is 773 with the refurbished product.

I've managed to select 12A, the bulkhead, for the return flight without any issues.

On the outbound with the 333, 11AB are occupied on SQ.com however they are showing available on EF. The former obviously won't let me move.

Does anyone know why this might be the case? I would enter my SEN number into the reservation, if SQ.com would let me...

Originally posted by BahrainLad View Post
    [...]
    On the outbound with the 333, 11AB are occupied on SQ.com however they are showing available on EF. The former obviously won't let me move.

Does anyone know why this might be the case? I would enter my SEN number into the reservation, if SQ.com would let me...
    I fly regularly between PEK and SIN and the bulkhead on the 333 is always blocked when booking or selecting seats online. No other seats show as selected though.
    I guess SQ block the bulkhead as they are bassinet seats. Just give SQ/KF a call, the agents have always managed to book the seat i want (or visit your TA or SQ office).

SEN # does not seem to make a difference...but you should be able to change it in your booking, if not, do it when you check in online.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

My flight on A333 also had the bulkheads stated as occupied. I was able to select them by calling SQ reservations, on the conditions that I would be moved if someone requires the bassinet seats.

Comment

Thanks both - I will give them a call. Odd that they block the bassinets on the 333, but not on the 773.

Comment

Definitely give them a call. Row 14 on the 77W regularly shows as occupied when it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
            I fly regularly between PEK and SIN and the bulkhead on the 333 is always blocked when booking or selecting seats online. No other seats show as selected though.
            Just call KF. I've almost always been successful with my 11A/K requests on 333 and 12A/K on 773 (once being the exception, when someone else had blocked the C seat, and I suspect they were QPP/TPP thus didn't want to release the blocked seat on a light-load flight). Same SIN-PEK which I also happen to do regularly...

Comment

Called SQ this morning and now in 11A on the way out. Thanks all.

I presume, having gone through all this, that 11A is the place to be on the 333!?

Comment

[...] I presume, having gone through all this, that 11A is the place to be on the 333!?
                I normally go for an aisle seat on the non-toilet aisle...but prefer to be on the window sides (C or H in regional J). Definitely 14A on the 77W though.
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Called SQ this morning and now in 11A on the way out. Thanks all.

I presume, having gone through all this, that 11A is the place to be on the 333!?
                  Yep, 11A and 11K are favourites on the A333. Anything in row 11 is preferable as there is no space restriction for your feet when the seat is flat, unlike the other rows.

Comment

BUT.........row 11 doesn't have as much storage space as the others....if you need lots of it, then other rows...

Comment

Working...
                    X