Admin surcharge for counter bookings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin surcharge for counter bookings?

Hi I need to know if there are any admin fees for bookings made via the SQ office or airport sales counter as I can't use my credit card just yet. If so, does anyone know if it's a flat rate or goes by destination?

Cheers

You can use someone else cc and ask that someone to sign imdemnity form in sq office
    visit my blog

Comment

Not sure about SIN but in KUL, all bookings made via the office incur a MYR100 admin fee.

Comment

Depends on types of bookings, and yes, there are fees, at least at Ion. Since I live in SIN, I'm usually prepared enough that I've never needed to buy a ticket last-minute at the airport so I can't comment on that.

Comment

I'm not sure about the practice where you are but the MNL office charges an additional USD10 for counter bookings but I think it's worth it if you're trying to avoid an extra queue at MNL's airport (especially if you are a PH resident). This is because the weird part of booking an international flight that originates in the Philippines online is that if you do so, you will need to pay travel tax yourself. That involves lining-up at a certain counter before being allowed to check-in. If you book via a ticket office, SQ or the travel agency will collect the travel tax for you. That's why I chose to go to the SQ office myself rather than book online for my most recent trip; not to mention the experience of reserving over the phone then ticketing to get an e-ticket itinerary receipt in one of those blue SQ jackets. FYI

However last year I tried to change my SQ flight at Ion which I originally booked online and they only charged me the SGD26 rebooking fee (not the admin-service fee).
          Last edited by hybridace101; 30 January 2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X