No announcement yet.

Attendant call button - the rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you guys have a problem with pressing the attendant call button? I mean it's designed for you to press if you have a request for service, isn't it? And I reckon that the FAs will actually prefer passengers to call for service by pressing the button rather than walk over to the gallery while they are doing something and have to stop/pause to listen to your request.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
      Why would you guys have a problem with pressing the attendant call button? I mean it's designed for you to press if you have a request for service, isn't it? And I reckon that the FAs will actually prefer passengers to call for service by pressing the button rather than walk over to the gallery while they are doing something and have to stop/pause to listen to your request.
      Well said

Comment

Only drama queens press call buttons.

As I said in the previous thread, I've never deliberately pressed one in my life (I've caught it accidentally once or twice...) and when I do they had better run....

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
          Why would you guys have a problem with pressing the attendant call button?
          Because we're passive Singaporeans

When you call an FA he/she comes over and ask you loudly what you want and the passengers around you all look at you.. either that or I was traumatised as a kid with that big scary Aeroflot FA that I talked about in the other thread LOL

I mean it's designed for you to press if you have a request for service, isn't it? And I reckon that the FAs will actually prefer passengers to call for service by pressing the button rather than walk over to the gallery while they are doing something and have to stop/pause to listen to your request.
          That's true though.. on my last DL flight the FAs didn't like it when I made a trip to the galley to ask for water.

Comment

I had to use it once...when I had the B Team going from ICN-SFO a couple years ago. And the LSS STILL forgot my coffee.
            HUGE AL

Comment

For some SQ FSS, when you go to the galley, and ask for water, soda or whatever, some will tell you to go back to your seat and they will bring it to you. Others don't mind you waiting.

IMHO, i think that given the huge judgemental attitude and perception facing SQ FSS, some prefer that you approach them in the galley so that less people will judge them.

But for an airline that not only markets but price their F seats on the A380 as a "class beyond first" and using words like "exquisite" and "exceptional service," you would think that a call button is redundant to get anything and that just a look will say a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Only drama queens press call buttons.
                We could also go into how only drama queens take AOT non-regular BKK taxis, but let's not go there

Nicely played on the galley thing, jhm!

Comment

I've rarely used the call button, preferring to wait for the crew to do their rounds but I have no issue pressing it if I need to..... I've paid good money for the seat after all, no matter what carrier I'm on.

It's usually more awkward pestering them in the galley so I tend not to walk up there - they're usually in the middle of something (important or not) so best to ring the bell and give them a minute or two to swallow before then coming out with my scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    We could also go into how only drama queens take AOT non-regular BKK taxis, but let's not go there
                    Indeed, people were starting to take that seriously and were on the verge of actually getting upset.

Comment

A couple of other comments.

If I was feeling really ill, I would expect someone to come to my seat promptly to attend to me. Waiting 15-mins in R or F is most unlike SQ, from my (very limited) experience in F. Mind you, I have observed some people who use the button as if they own the plane or on their own private jet and demand attention every few mins, even during the F & B service times.

Another point. Sometimes SQ seems to leave the seat belt sign on for a long time after the turbulance has ceased. Maybe a tactic to keep the Y cabin clear during the meal run. If I cannot get up from my seat, I would have no hesitation in using the call button, particularly in the premium cabins.

But then again, I'm not a timid Singaporean.

Comment

I guess the only etiquette is not to use it too often.

About once in 10 flights should be just right.

Kidding...

Comment

I agree. One should not hesitate to use the call button to summon a FA. Personally, I've only used it a few times intentionally and maybe twice accidentally (big fat ass I have). Most of the time, I do take the trouble to walk to the galley. When I fly SQ I'm usually on long haul (>8 hours) and I need to walk and stretch after a few hours of sitting. I don't think the FA minds either way. The only times I've observed that they get flustered with a request is when it's about to take-off or if one is ordering breakfast half an hour to landing.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                            I guess the only etiquette is not to use it too often.

About once in 10 flights should be just right.

Kidding...
                            More like once in twenty here, but that's not saying much...

I use it sparingly and only when absolutely necessary/totally impeded.

Comment

64 flights this year and not once did I activated the call button....

Should I??
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                                64 flights this year and not once did I activated the call button....

Should I??
                                You reserved many quota for your coming flight

Comment

Working...
                                X