Scoot! SQ's LCC gets a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    Grapevine chatter. Initial fleet of aircraft will be 4 772s with options for 10 more. Expected EIS is 3 in Q2 2012 & 1 in Q3 2012. Config will be approx 400 seats.
    400 seats in a 772? Sounds like a 10 abreast Y config.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Grapevine chatter. Initial fleet of aircraft will be 4 772s with options for 10 more. Expected EIS is 3 in Q2 2012 & 1 in Q3 2012. Config will be approx 400 seats.
      First seen on Twitter.

Indicative configuration is 32 Premium Economy and 374 Economy Seats (10 abreast)

Comment

Any idea of the reg.? And why would they need options when 4 clearly aren't enough?

Sorry but what's EIS?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Sorry but what's EIS?
          Entry Into Service

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Any idea of the reg.? And why would they need options when 4 clearly aren't enough?
            No idea about the regos but it will most certainly be from the pool of SQ*/SR* birds.

I guess the options are just in case the market isn't receptive to the concept of Scoot. The options are spread over 4 years (2+2+3+3) - 4 772ERs and 6 772s.
            Last edited by Nick C; 31 August 2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

No idea about the regos but it will most certainly be from the pool of SQ*/SR* birds.

I guess the options are just in case the market isn't receptive to the concept of Scoot. The options are spread over 4 years (2+2+3+3) - 4 772ERs and 6 772s.
              Will the 772s continue flying as de-rated ERs?

Comment

Interesting to see which terminal they will operate from...

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                  Interesting to see which terminal they will operate from...
                  I highly suspect T2
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    I highly suspect T2
                    I have a funny feeling that they may be at the Budget Terminal and passengers to be transported to aircraft at remote bays by coaches. But we'll see.

Comment

Perhaps this terminal?

Comment

Config will be approx 400 seats.
                        The B772 Max Cap is 440. If they're configuring around 400 seats won't it be one hellava squeeze? I think there goes my dream of having a Premium Economy/Budget Business product on Scoot...

Edit: Thanks for the possible config options, Mr/Ms SingaporeAir. We'll just have to wait and see

Comment

http://www.ana.co.jp/dom/inflight/seatmap/772/

The above might give you an idea of what the seat map might look like. NH has 405 pax domestic 772 (21 seats at 50 inch pitch, and 384 in Y at 10 abreast).

Comment

There are two or three 777's parked on the remote stands near the Budget Terminal that are supposedly earmarked for the new outfit.

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                            I have a funny feeling that they may be at the Budget Terminal and passengers to be transported to aircraft at remote bays by coaches. But we'll see.
                            I think that would be unlikely unless Tiger move out as they are struggling for space and gates now.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I think that would be unlikely unless Tiger move out as they are struggling for space and gates now.
                              No need for Tiger to move out cuz the bays currently occupied by Tiger are too small for 777.

Having said that, I think it's about time CAAS think about building a new terminal, especially if QF really set up its new carrier here.

Comment

Oh my 10 abreast is awwwwful... reminds me of all EK's 777 aircrafts in economy. Yikes!
                                I think they would likely to use T2. Somehow, I do feel that T2 seems to be a little under-utilised?

Comment

Working...
                                X