No announcement yet.

Scoot! SQ's LCC gets a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its not a good sign that its first inagural flight was delayed by almost 2 hours because of technical "hitch". They should have double check the aircraft systems before the flight - and especially when the plane have been in maintenance and in cabin conversion for the past 2 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      its not a good sign that its first inagural flight was delayed by almost 2 hours because of technical "hitch". They should have double check the aircraft systems before the flight - and especially when the plane have been in maintenance and in cabin conversion for the past 2 months.
      It would be interesting to find out what that glitch was, since they only found out about it while taxiing to the runway. May have been just a faulty sensor that needed to be re-checked.

The poor PR guys must have been sweating it out. As reported by many news agencies, they will need to be able to hold the leakage to JetStar and AirAsia. In order to compete on price, they'll need to focus on the details of cost-control while providing value like what AirAsia did during its infancy, but it'll be a delicate balance between slashing costs and providing competitive value for its customers. Pray they'll do better than Tiger.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        Check out Scoot's buy-on-board menu.
        http://www.flyscoot.com/images/Ref_P...nu_resized.pdf

And noticed that Scoot's next destinations might be Tokyo and Taipei? (Hint: See here http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en...-beverage.html)
        Looks good! Cant wait to go Tokyo on Scoot~

Comment

• Originally posted by j.lin View Post
          Looks good! Cant wait to go Tokyo on Scoot~
          I think they just announced SIN-Taipei-Tokyo or something? Starting in Oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
            I think they just announced SIN-Taipei-Tokyo or something? Starting in Oct.
            I guess it will be Tokyo Haneda HND?

Comment

• Scoot to fly daily to Tokyo & Taipei

Scoot to fly daily to Tokyo & Taipei

SINGAPORE: After months undergoing a transformation, Scoot's first aircraft, "Goin' Scootin", was ready to do just that - to Sydney, Australia!

Its inaugural flight on June 4 marked a milestone in Singapore's aviation history.

Choi Shing Kwok, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transport, said: "The low-cost operating model holds great potential for more than just short trips. There is an untapped market of wallet-friendly medium and long-haul travel for Singapore to create and serve."

Four hundred passengers were on board.

The flight was delayed by about two hours, after the warning lights came on in the cockpit.

"We expect them to really check on this. It's the first flight right? They should do a better job," said one passenger.

"I suppose it's better that they carry out the safety checks than for us to fly and wonder if the plane is going to land in one piece or not," said another.

Captain Rohan Hari Chandra, who was with Singapore Airlines for 25 years, made sure everything was in order.

"Our standards of flight crew training are the same as SIA. So in that aspect, there is no difference. The difference is in the way we work the cabin," he said.

Scoot CEO Campbell Wilson said: "Clearly these things happen. Aircraft are complex machines. When the warning light comes on, they are checked up by engineers and that was the case. So the warning was checked, the aircraft was clear, and away we went."

The cast of MediaCorp's "The Noose" provided in-flight entertainment.

One lucky passenger won a free return ticket.

On Scoot's long-haul budget flights, passengers can opt to catch up on sleep or pay for a meal.

As for entertainment, Scoot allows passengers to rent iPads which are pre-loaded with movies, music and games. Those in economy class will need to pay S$22 to use the tablet computers, while passengers in business class will enjoy the perk for free.

"Overall, it was an average experience. I expected the seats to be little more comfortable because this is supposed to be business class," said one passenger.

The aircraft landed smoothly and received a water cannon salute.

Then came the announcement of more destinations - Tokyo and Taipei.

Mr Wilson said: "Tokyo isn't the expensive place that used to be. I guess the consequence of a couple of decades of stagnant growth is that prices have not gone up, and so we can get great value airfares.

"Taipei, of course, helps us sustain the route because as we start the airline, as we build the brand, it will take some time to build the loads and so flying via Taipei gives us another opportunity to attract passengers."

Scoot will start flying to the Gold Coast, Australia, from June 12.

- CNA/cc

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...205695/1/.html

Comment

• how come there is no news about 9V-OTA?

Comment

• While its a little embarrassing that the aircraft wasn't exactly playing ball on the first flight out, I think whats encouraging is the fact that they actually served milk and cookies is a good thing.

The no 1 thing I would really hate is for them to do a Tiger and just treat passengers like cargo.
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• I was talking with a taxi driver just yesterday.... he said he was working on a passenger ship previously, I told him I don't like those kind of ships, the cargo can talk back.....
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• An interesting review of Scoot's maiden flight by CNN. Not too pleasant it seems..

http://www.cnngo.com/singapore/visit...l-skies-843151
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• interesting to note TZ2 is codeshared with SQ7712
                        I hope the transit pax(s) booked into SQ7712 will not get too much of a shock when they step onto the aircraft...

Picture here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/2222615...in/photostream
                        I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

• Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                          interesting to note TZ2 is codeshared with SQ7712
                          I hope the transit pax(s) booked into SQ7712 will not get too much of a shock when they step onto the aircraft...

Picture here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/2222615...in/photostream
                          SQ7712 is actually a cargo-operation by SQ Cargo. The belly-hold of Scoot's aircraft is managed by SQ Cargo, hence the SQ flight number. SQ pax would not be booked on Scoot.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                            SQ7712 is actually a cargo-operation by SQ Cargo. The belly-hold of Scoot's aircraft is managed by SQ Cargo, hence the SQ flight number. SQ pax would not be booked on Scoot.
                            oh i see, funny the flight number showed up on change FIDS though.
                            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

• Honestly they ar ecalling this Biz class? They must be out of their minds. Better make it a full eco flight and sell the front as preferred seats if you put a lousy product like that one in there. Brrrr. The Air Asia X biz seat kicks a*s in comparison and even JK's looks decent. What a joke.

Comment

• Scoot flight callsign is "Scooter" - the naming of planes should just be called Scooter 1,2, 3 etc. And it seems the destinations that Scoot are flying will parallel jetstar's destinations in Asia too, and in future will serve the same destinations as SIA's too. It is yet to be seen how this would affect SQ's Economy loads and especially those on leisure and tours.
                                The inflight events by the flight attendents is like from those borrowed from Air Asia - ie when there be flight attendents singing, making some skits and jokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X