The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charvy View Post
    hahaa... if only we can opt out from this enhancement. crap enhancement.
    Well, I kind of like the new layout of the aircraft when you do online check in. Kind of cute, isn't it.

But I hate it they remove the features of retrieving your checkin using passport number. Come on, I can remember my passport number, which will be the same for all trip, but PNR number will always be different for each trip
    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzialli View Post
      I've been trying to book a flight and am having problems selecting my seats before paying for the booking. Having not booked with Singapore Airlines before, can anyone tell me whether it's possible to also select your seats after having made the booking?

Thanks!
      You can.
      But only if you book online and if the website is functioning properly (which it has not for most of the time since last week's launch).

If you book through the call centre then you can only indicate your preference for aisle, window, or middle and not specific seat numbers.

Comment

• Well for the fact that i do not like the calender view on the first page .. but i do agree with you that it is so troublesome to retrieve our bookings - i have to log into my email and check the reservation number.. they should just stick to passport number. period.

silkair website is heaps better (clean looking and neat UI).. hopefully they don't fall into the trap of the sq enhancement.
        Last edited by charvy; 2 June 2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• I can't even book a simple round-trip itinerary. Forget multi-city or something slightly more complicated. Incredibly frustrating -- I get all the way to the "Passenger Details" page and then try to move to the payment screen and get a System Error. It reads:

A system error has occurred. Please try again. (4HVGNn!-1613863487)
          When I called the PPS line, the coordinator spoke as though this was the first time she had heard of any issues with the web site! I described the problem for her in detail and casually remarked, "I guess you are probably hearing a lot of issues with the web site the past week." She replied, "No, I haven't...this seems unusual. Sir, have you tried restarting your computer?"

Needless to say, this is a shockingly bad situation with the site basically unusable...if passengers can't book simple itineraries, SIA must be losing meaningful revenue over the past week.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
            I described the problem for her in detail and casually remarked, "I guess you are probably hearing a lot of issues with the web site the past week." She replied, "No, I haven't...this seems unusual. Sir, have you tried restarting your computer?"

I know this is far from a laughing matter, for both us when we have travel to book/change and for SQ and the money they must currently be losing, but that did make me laugh.

There is actually a recorded message when you are on hold that tells you they are experiencing 'teething problems' with the new website.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              There is actually a recorded message when you are on hold that tells you they are experiencing 'teething problems' with the new website.
              The better laugh is actually the (old) second sentence: "Book online and save 15%..."

Thank you very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I know this is far from a laughing matter, for both us when we have travel to book/change and for SQ and the money they must currently be losing, but that did make me laugh.
                Maybe that's the key...we should all restart our computers and then the "teething problems" will be a thing of the past.

Really inexcusable to have these kind of fundamental, widespread problems at the relaunch of an e-commerce web site. It isn't like they are reinventing the wheel here; there are airlines all over the world that have web sites that basically work (including SIA's older site). As an aside, my professional experience with Sapient many years ago was utterly crap, so I'm not entirely surprised that this project seems to have gone pear-shaped.

Comment

• Let's just say that I still have the ability to access the old version booking engine. (Thanks, you know who you are )

It's fast, efficient, easy on the eye, and you get all the info you need without scrolling endlessly. Being able to compare the excellent old site/engine (while it's still operational) against the new but amateurish version, really fills me with amazement and at the sheer incompetence we are witnessing here.

Comment

• Sent a feedback and got this:

This is an automated acknowledgment to inform that we are experiencing high feedback volumes related to the launch of our new website. We apologise that we are not able to respond to queries or feedback related to our new website at this stage.

This is getting silly.

Comment

• Cannot even get the website to remember the country I am in despite checking the "Keep my settings" box everytime.

Comment

• I have to say that the joke is now wearing thin. I used the old site to really keep track of my upcoming flights, check the status of waitlisted bookings, plan my diary etc. I am not able to retrieve a list of my bookings since the new site came on line. When checking flight status of various flights, the origin/destination are quite often changed to Oklahoma City for some bizarre reason. I would much prefer that SQ come clean about the situation and give us a better idea of when the problems will be resolved. Sticking your head in the sand is not going to help anyone. I am now officially fed up

Comment

• I've not been able to do anything worthwhile on the new site at all.

I am so, so thankful that I have no flights with SQ till July. Praying very, very hard that things will be sorted out by then. I won't even touch the site in the meantime.

I am considering flying another airline till this blows over. Seriously. Not funny anymore. I am far too busy to have to play games with the inept.

Comment

• Switched two premium paid mid-haul bookings over to TG...

Comment

• Have an upcoming J trip to IAH via DME

I'm trying my luck to see if i can make a seat selection request at SQ office in ION instead of doing it online.. anyone has tried this route before cos i don't trust this website to do its job. and check-in line? don't even bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
                                She replied, "No, I haven't...this seems unusual. Sir, have you tried restarting your computer?"
                                omg.. does she think that we are that dumb?? i'm appalled by her atrocious reply.. a totally clueless person manning the PPS hotline. Totally unacceptable by SQ standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X