Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesnt SQ allow seat selection for tickets booked by travel agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not really that common as MH, Thai and CX still do not levy an additional chrage for booking through their Call Centre and being issued with a paper ticket. In fact, strangely even CX Call centre can quote a better fare than its online site.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      its not really that common as MH, Thai and CX still do not levy an additional chrage for booking through their Call Centre and being issued with a paper ticket. In fact, strangely even CX Call centre can quote a better fare than its online site.
      There are many major airlines which levy a fee on bookings done through the call centre, even award bookings. Some I can think of:
      - BA (GBP15)
      - AA (USD10)
      - QF (2500 points for awards, and a service fee of an amount I can't remember for revenue bookings)
      - DJ (AUD10)

Some airlines will also quote specials that are only bookable online.

I'm glad MH and TG do not charge a fee for booking through the call centre - their online engines are pretty poor. The MH one would frequently ping time out when I tried doing domestic bookings but I understand that it's since been revamped.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 24 March 2007, 11:14 PM. Reason: grammar
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Why cant I do seat selection for booking via travel agent

Hi guys,
        Interesting discuss, but kinda digress from main topic to whether travel agents make a commission from flight bookings !!

When I book Y tickets with Emirates, I could preselect my seat, even without online check in. So hopefully SQ would could offer this feature in the near future, to people who issued their tickets !!

cheers
        Acey

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
          Hi guys,
          Interesting discuss, but kinda digress from main topic to whether travel agents make a commission from flight bookings !!

When I book Y tickets with Emirates, I could preselect my seat, even without online check in. So hopefully SQ would could offer this feature in the near future, to people who issued their tickets !!
          Whoops, sorry for hijacking the thread.

I just got a KLM ticket for a mate - seat selections can be done in economy. Even for the exit row (he doesn't even have status). But then again... the thought of flying KLM....
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
            Last we heard, they had planned to offer this in March 2006....but obviously nothing came out of it...

Comment

Working...
            X