Watch out for CGK baggage handlers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out for CGK baggage handlers!

Checked in my luggage in CGK and noticed that my lock was missing (my fault). So i requested SQ for the 1st class luggage tag with the elastic string and just tied the 2 zipper ends together. I was under the assumption that the elastic string will do some sort of resistance in having the bag opened.

When I landed in Sin, my bag came out of the belt and the luggage elsetic tag was missing. My Iphone box (without iphone - took out the iphone) was missing, my electic toothbrush was missing and 1 box of my contact lenses was missing. My inside luggage was also opened but nothing was taken as it was all document.

My fault for not having a propoer lock, but my luggage was tagged with a 1st class priority tag, should that offer a little or better protection against my luggage?

All the more your bag will be a target if you have a priority/First tag. Happens in airports across the globe, not just CGK.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      All the more your bag will be a target if you have a priority/First tag. Happens in airports across the globe, not just CGK.
      Indeed

I am still wondering why you would have an expensive/easy to steal item in your checked luggage anyways.

Should have carried the phone on you!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
        Indeed

I am still wondering why you would have an expensive/easy to steal item in your checked luggage anyways.

Should have carried the phone on you!
        Think the phone wasn't stolen from what I could tell

Comment

You should have cling-wrapped your luggage for a nominal fee. This service is now very popular across the world.

Comment

Happen to me once in KL airport too.

Comment

I can understand taking the iPhone box (they must of assumed the phone was inside) but why on earth would you take a toothbrush & contact lenses?

Comment

probably they got frustrated not finding the iphone in my bag so they took the contact lenses and my toothbrush... untimately, just make sure there is a luggage lock next time anyone check into CGK!

Comment

Originally posted by YYC77 View Post
                  probably they got frustrated not finding the iphone in my bag so they took the contact lenses and my toothbrush... untimately, just make sure there is a luggage lock next time anyone check into CGK!
                  It's not just a lock and it doesn't just happen in CGK.I got my lock cut in SYX and lost a bottle of perfume which i was bringing in for a friend last year

Comment

Originally posted by YYC77 View Post
                    my luggage was tagged with a 1st class priority tag, should that offer a little or better protection against my luggage?
                    No of course not. The airline is not marketing them as an alternative to a lock, they are not designed to be an alternative to a lock and therefore it is not surprising that they failed completely as an alternative to a lock.

First class luggage tags are just designed to be a simple way to identify which luggage belongs to first class passengers. Normally this is just so that they can get priority over other baggage but also it helps the baggage thieves priorities which bags to hit as the odds are that first class passengers will have more valuable stuff in their luggage.

Comment

This is, partially, why I stopped using soft zip bags because myself and my colleague had bags broken into in KL and Vietnam though nothing stolen (nothing worth stealing).

Now it is hard case with press locks with a key and combination. Yes, I know the key locks are useless as well and can be opened with a screwdriver but at least the combination slows them down and the opportunistic thieves will think again and pick something easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X