Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment shuffles and the disappearing new seats on SIN-ANZ routes

Originally posted by 9V-SMI View Post
    So post 15th April it could still be 744 or 77W or even 380. If they have committed the sale of 744 to another operator, then it will be between 77W or 380. So where is the 77W coming from? Must be from the Australian runs.
    Nope, can't be from Australia- the last remaining 77W scheduled to do an Australian run is SQ217/8 and that comes to an end on April 3.

The Australian 77W well is dry!

SYD would revert back to A380 ops for SQ221 for the period where it was originally scheduled for temp 744 ops.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Gosh Oceania gets its hard these days
      Melbourne
      Sydney

and now Auckland

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_World View Post
        and now Auckland
        Yeah, that's rough - 11 hours in a "Regional" business class seat. I'm glad SQ thinks that's regional. I guess that's what happens when you have no (full service) competition...

Comment

They have Jetstar now flying between Auckland and Singapore,
          Apparently the 73A will operate the SQ285/286 sector, can anyone confirm?

Comment

That's not "full service" competition. Jetstar doesn't have a business class product - just that quasi premium economy star class thing

Comment

Apparently the 73A will operate the SQ285/286 sector, can anyone confirm?
              it is 73A operating
              Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                Yeah, that's rough - 11 hours in a "Regional" business class seat. I'm glad SQ thinks that's regional. I guess that's what happens when you have no (full service) competition...
                it's the newer angled lie flats isn't it>? pretty comparable to Thai really, not a recliner
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  it's the newer angled lie flats isn't it>? pretty comparable to Thai really, not a recliner
                  True. If only SQ's fares were comparable to Thai's.

It just seems a bit rubbish that e.g. if you were doing Europe-NZ, SQ charges a c.50% premium over TG and EK, advertises this amazing new long haul business product, and all you get a slopey "regional" (not my description -theirs) seat for the final 11 hours

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                    True. If only SQ's fares were comparable to Thai's.

It just seems a bit rubbish that e.g. if you were doing Europe-NZ, SQ charges a c.50% premium over TG and EK, advertises this amazing new long haul business product, and all you get a slopey "regional" (not my description -theirs) seat for the final 11 hours
                    yeah - i agree with you! Us Australia/NZ people have been getting treated pretty badly by SQ of late. Not fair since we are usually give the highest load factors in the network, I think.

Comment

yeah - i agree with you! Us Australia/NZ people have been getting treated pretty badly by SQ of late. Not fair since we are usually give the highest load factors in the network, I think.
                      Well at least that should open up the possibility of snatching some Biz saver awards no? That would be good or not? Of course on a revenue flight I can understand preference for the fully flat seat.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                        Well at least that should open up the possibility of snatching some Biz saver awards no? That would be good or not? Of course on a revenue flight I can understand preference for the fully flat seat.
                        I imagine they will probably label it "special new business class" or something and not allow saver awards...

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                          I imagine they will probably label it "special new business class" or something and not allow saver awards...
                          Huh? They haven't done that. The 73A has been around a while, as has the A330 regional J, both available for savers AFAIK

Comment

Huh? They haven't done that. The 73A has been around a while, as has the A330 regional J, both available for savers AFAIK
                            I know just being a bit tongue in cheek as I would class it as a long haul trip and SQ being SQ will come up with some hair brained scheme.. I've been on quite a few new regional saver J's and they are good value.

Comment

Yet again SQ stuffing around with Australia/NZ.

Very very poor!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X