Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    Might sound a daft question sorry

Why do they not just change at MAN as MUC>MAN is only an hour or so. do they run out of hours if they did the full SIN>MUC>MAN?

Thank You
    It's not a daft question but your simplification of thinking it's just another hour is quite a way out. The flight itself is an hour and a half and it's on the ground at MUC for over an hour so you are looking at roughly an extra 3 hours or so, which is a lot.

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
    How about SIN-EWR which is about 18 hours and non-stop? If they can do 18 hours flight, then I think they can just change at MAN.
    It's no different to when the MAN flights used to stop at ZRH, the crew did the same as they do now at MUC. In the latter days of the MAN-ZRH-SIN on the 744, when it was only twice a week, the crews used to love it as they could end up with nearly a week in ZRH, so you used to regularly see crew family on board during school holidays as they could make a nice break of it.

Happy days all round, for crew and us pax.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    The worst thing is after spending a week or two in EU and you go back to the far east, .... first day maybe ok as did not sleep much in plane, after that, the next few days its mostly wide awake.. lying on the bed staring at the ceiling.... and worst still, you have to be in the office in the mornings!!!
    I always struggle going east. Coming back from the US/Canada/Caribbean always knocks me for six, no matter what seat/bed or flight duration. Coming back here from S.E. Asia is much better and I am usually in the office within 2 hours of landing and do a full day no problem.

Comment

Working...
    X