Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIN-CAI flight moved due to frequency change - what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-CAI flight moved due to frequency change - what to do?

Hi,

I've been visiting this forum quite often but always been a lurker until now.

I'm scheduled to fly to CAI end of this month. Booked/paid my ticket last month but last week SQ called informing me that my arrival time in CAI has been moved two hours late. Two days after, SQ again called informing me that my CAI-SIN return flight has been moved a day earlier (i.e. Apr 9, instead of the original booking w/c is April 10). Problem is, I'll miss this flight since i will be arriving from Amman evening of April 9.

The SQ agent gave me two options:

1. take the April 9 flight to SIN
    2. full refund

Taking option 1 would mean cutting short my trip to Amman (i'm on a pilgrimage tour Egypt/Israel/Jordan) and rebooking my Egyptair Amman-CAI (means rebooking fee).

Option 2 would mean losing 10k plus of Elite Miles which i'll need to be upgraded to KF Gold (i'm currently 8K miles shy of the KF Gold status).

What do you think guys?

Will i insist on SQ to book me on other flights on April 10 (my original CAI-SIN sched), say in other Star Alliance partners? If so, will the miles accrue to my KF?

I'm also thinking of asking for a partial refund (CAI-SIN sector) and book myself in one-way ticket to SIN from Amman on say, Turkish airlines just to earn elite miles.

Told them i'll check if i have other options. Your thoughts are much appreciated before I get back to them.

Thanks =)

(by the way, the change was brought about by their downgrading of frequency to 2x a week)

I think your solution is to take the full refund and choose another *A airline like TK or maybe even TG if they fly there. You will still get your elite miles and you might save a few dollars. Check that the fare is accruable on KF first though.

Comment

There is nothing you can do to force them to book you on another airline on your original travel date. This is not an irrop situation. They gave over 2 weeks notice and offered what they could. No use in pressing this. Due to the troubles in Egypt as of late load figures have dropped through the bottom on this route so they are doing the prudent thing from an airline perspective and cutting back the frequency.

As others said, if you need to travel that day then try to look for somone like TK or even continue on MS (to BKK at least). BTW, what was your travel class? C or Y?

Comment

Working...
      X