You can now pay SQ with PayPal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    1. Generally the credit card companies only require that you use your card towards some/all your travel costs. It shouldn't matter who the merchant is. You don't even have to use your card for any travel cost to attract insurance coverage with some cards (eg AMEX Platinum charge card in Australia). Check your credit card company's T&Cs.

2. Don't think so. Once again, check your credit card company's T&Cs.
    Krisflyer Westpac Cards on cover for travel insuarnce if the whole trip is booked on the credit card. Lke you said check terms and conditions from your credit card company.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      1. Generally the credit card companies only require that you use your card towards some/all your travel costs. It shouldn't matter who the merchant is. You don't even have to use your card for any travel cost to attract insurance coverage with some cards (eg AMEX Platinum charge card in Australia). Check your credit card company's T&Cs.

2. Don't think so. Once again, check your credit card company's T&Cs.

Yes, you are right, it all depends on banks' T&Cs. Citi Premiermiles and Maybank Horizon cards offer up to S$1 million worth of coverage if you charged your airfare/package to your card, though they didn't specifically say you don't enjoy it if you go through an electronic payment gateway such as Paypal.

But take note everything is at the Banks' discretion. Like you can see on Maybank's website:

Maybank shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, loss or damages incurred by the Cardmember or any party arising from or in connection with the incorrect tr’eats Points being awarded to the Cardmember in respect of any transaction due to any reason whatsoever (including but not limited to the incorrect classification of category in respect of any transaction)

I have checked on occasions to ensure I am eligible for bonus miles (2 miles per S$1 for airtix/package purchase through direct or via travel agencies on Maybank's Horizon card), including checking with Maybank whether if I booked my airtix via Zuji, do I get to enjoy the bonus miles as Zuji is supposed to be an online travel agent?

And I asked not just once, but thrice on different occasions, and the answer was that they don't have a list of merchant classifications with them, and they are unsure if Zuji is considered a travel agent and the advice is probably NO.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
        In Australia credit card travel insurance is generally not worth anything. There is a generally a better chance for it to snow in Singapore than for a credit card company to pay out on travel insurance. Check out
        www.ausbt.com.au/search?q=credit+card for details.
        Wrong

Amex Platinum insurance is great with both the charge and credit cards. With the charge card you don't even need to book the flight or accommodation on the card to be eligible.

They have paid out twice for me now for delayed baggage and paid the claims in about 2 weeks from submitted the paperwork

Comment

Working...
        X